Discovery Tours by Gate 1 - Small Groups for Less!
Active Itineraries, Groups of 10-22, Unique Activities
11 Day Irish Culture
Dublin, Waterford, Adare, Galway, Westport & more! -
$1989 from $1789 (Land Only)
Promo Valid for Departures: April - October 2016
Our tour takes you deep inside this beloved country to reveal a culture rich in tradition and overflowing with natural beauty. Arrive in Dublin, one of the friendliest cities in Europe, and stop at the impressive gardens of Powerscourt Estate, then visit the Irish National Stud Farm, where world-class thoroughbreds have been raised since 1946.
Enjoy a walking tour of Waterford, often referred to as Ireland's oldest city, then stop at the famous Jameson distillery for a tour and tasting. Visit the Rock of Cashel, one of Ireland's most spectacular archaeological sites, then have lunch with a local family in their home on Molanna Farm. In the charming and picturesque village of Adare, enjoy a fun-filled authentic Medieval Banquet in a 15th century Irish Castle, complete with food, fine wine and a night of revelry, accompanied by live music, song and dance.
Drive to Foynes and visit the Flying Boat Museum, commemorating Ireland's first international airport in the pioneering days of transatlantic aviation from the 1930s. Experience one of the most dramatic sights in Ireland - the Cliffs of Moher. This rock wall towers 700 feet over the crashing surf of the Atlantic. Travel to lively Galway, nestled on the sea, and now one of the fastest growing cities in Europe. Drive through the rugged landscape of Connemara National Park and visit the Knock Shrine, in the tiny village of Knock, that hosts over a million pilgrims each year. Continue to Sligo, with its renowned natural beauty, home to the young William Butler Yeats, then back to Dublin to cap off your trip.
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- 9 nights in First Class accommodations
- 1 night Dublin
- 2 nights Waterford
- 2 night Adare
- 2 nights Westport
- 2 nights Dublin
- Hotel porterage
- 18 meals: 9 buffet breakfasts, 2 lunches & 7 dinners (including 2 home hosted lunches, welcome dinner, medieval banquet and farewell dinner)
- Water, coffee and tea with all meals. Bottled water provided during sightseeing excursions
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout the tour
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Unique cultural experiences enhance the Discovery Tours experience
How to Book
Book by October 2, 2015 and save $200 per person off our regular price. Lowest price reflects the $200 promotional savings. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations. To redeem the discounted savings, use promotional code TEEC200 at the time of booking. Click here to book or call 877-900-9777 to speak with one of our reservation specialists.
* The following additional fees are not included, where applicable: optional tours and gratuities for guides/tour manager. For more details, see our Terms & Conditions.
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss and get to know the locals.
- Visit to the Irish National Stud Farm, where world-class thoroughbreds are reared. Gain insight into the rearing of these champions.
- See the Rock of Cashel, one of Ireland's most spectacular archeological sites.
- Enjoy lunch and conversation with a family at Molanna Farm about life on an Irish homestead.
- Sample an Irish Coffee at the Flying Boat Museum, where it was invented.
- Medieval Banquet in an authentic Irish Castle, complete with fine food, wine and a night of revelry and great fun, accompanied by live music, song and dance.
- View the rugged scenery on the drive to the Cliffs of Moher, on the Atlantic coast.
- See the grave of Yeats and join a local family for a "poetry lunch" honoring the great poet.
- At Trinity College in Dublin see the 8th century Book of Kells.
- Tour the famed Guinness Storehouse and sample Ireland's most famous brew.