15 Day Danube Culture & Character
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Dec 16, 2021 & Save!
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $1350|
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Budapest, Prague-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 13 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Budapest
- 3 nights Vienna
- 1 night Linz
- 2 nights Salzburg
- 2 nights Rothenburg
- 1 night Dresden
- 2 nights Prague
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 31 meals: 13 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 11 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- From Fisherman's Bastion, marvel at the enthralling panoramic views of Budapest
- During the visit to the Jewish Quarter, learn about Hungary's Jewish heritage and culture
- Enjoy a relaxing dinner cruise along the Danube, offering magnificent views of Budapest
- Attend a recital, featuring classical masterpieces by Mozart and Strauss
- Tour Schonbrunn Palace, the former summer residence of the imperial family in Vienna
- Discover historic Bratislava the capital of Slovakia with its mix of modern and Baroque architecture
- Explore Durnstein, a quintessential village in the heart of the Wachau wine district
- Melk Abbey considered one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture in Europe
- Visit magical Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and scene of the Sound of Music
- Discover Hallstatt, a fairytale town and Austria's most scenic lakeside town
- Journey to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the walled town where time has stood still
- Cross Saxony to the Baroque art city of Dresden, titled the "Florence on the Elbe"
- Explore Prague, "The City of a Thousand Spires"
- In Kutná Hora, visit the Sedlec Ossuary decorated with more than 40,000 human bones
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day. Expect to spend two to three hours on your feet during tours. The pace is fast. Some of the tours require walking over cobbled streets, uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This superior first class, art-nouveau style hotel is located on the Pest side of the river, in the shopping and business center of Budapest.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is ideally located in Vienna's inner city, close to many top attractions.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the city center of Linz.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Salzburg.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located a short walk from the Rothenburg town walls.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located in the heart of Dresden's historic city center.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The Swiss Alpine Jewels trip was wonderful and so scenic. We really enjoyed ourselves and pleased with what we saw, stayed, and the schedule. This tour exceeded our expectations in general, but even more so because of our Tour Director, Dennis, who was above & beyond his expected or required duties.Bill B. Burlington, NC
Our trip was amazing! Monique was an excellent tour manager and I would absolutely recommend her and want to experience other itineraries with her. Our driver, Remo, went above and beyond expectations, ensuring we arrived timely and safely at our destinations. The two of them made this trip an unforgettable experience and Monique truly brought our small group together into an impromptu family.Selena W. Princeton, NJ
The tour was GREAT, and made even more enjoyable because of the skill and local knowledge of our Tour Manager, Beatrice, and skillful careful driver Barnard. We have had a great time, saw incredible sights, stayed in wonderful hotels, and had one of the most enjoyable tours ever.Charles M. Denver, CO
The Majestic Balkans trip was terrific. Our tour leader Georgi was extremely knowledgeable about all 4 countries visited. The accommodations were excellent ... The dining experiences were also terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and I will not hesitate to take another Discovery tour with Gate 1. Turkish Air was also excellent.Charlotte E. Dennis Port, MA
Oh my this trip was so great. One of our best ever Gate 1 trips! The itinerary was perfect. Perfect pace, not rushed in any of the stops. Perfect amount of time on our own to explore. The food was so amazing! This trip made me want to go back to each of these four countries to explore more. Albania was a special treat because I had no idea of what to expect ... Our Tour Manager, Ana was exceptional. She was knowledgeable, helpful and just fun to be around. I would highly recommend this tour! Thanks again Gate 1 for keeping travel affordable and allowing us to see so much of the world.Kimberly L. Fulton, MD
It was fantastic. Both drivers Peter and Leonard were super. Bus was always clean. Windows always clean. And then there’s Ana. One of best guides we’ve had. Always smiling. Never flustered. Humour galore. Great travel mates. Rate the trip as a 10+. Hang on to Ana. She was superSusan M. St. Peters, NS, CA
The trip was excellent. Dino our guide was great, well informed and made us understand what happened in those countries since he lived through those turbulent times.Jim P. Cedarburg, WI