12 Day Discover Uzbekistan
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2021 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $450|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Land only passengers should select flights that arrive no later than 4 PM on Day 2 in order to attend welcome meeting and included sightseeing.
Passport information for all passengers must be submitted 60 days prior to departure.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Tashkent, Tashkent-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-flight: Tashkent-Urgench
- 10 nights accommodations
- 3 nights Tashkent
- 2 nights Khiva
- 3 nights Bukhara
- 2 nights Samarkand
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- High-speed train Samarkand-Tashkent
- 26 meals: 11 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 6 dinners (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- In Tashkent, tour Khast Imam Square, home to exquisite mosques, monuments and madrasas
- A ride on the Tashkent metro reveals its lavish decorations, a legacy of the former Soviet Union
- In Tashkent, view one of the oldest copies of the Koran in the world
- Tour the walled city of Khiva, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a traditional lunch at the storied House of Rashid dating back to the Rashidi dynasty
- Visit the revered Pakhlavan Mahmoud Mausoleum in Khiva, built in honor of the legendary poet
- Travel to Ayaz Kala, an archaeological site built on the edge of the Kyzylkum Desert
- At a desert yurt camp, gather for a meal and perhaps even ride a camel!
- Discover the beauty of Bukhara, one of the most important ancient cities in Uzbekistan
- Tour the cultural heritage monument of Chor Minor, part of Bukhara's World Heritage Center
- Visit splendid Nadir Divan-Begi, part of a huge architectural complex on the Lyab-i Hauz ponds
- A special visit, lunch and conversation with a skilled ceramicist in the town of Gijduvan
- Tour Samarkand, brimming with history, the most romantic of the Silk Road cities
- Walk to iconic Registan Square with its colorful mosaics, blue domes and lofty arches
- Visit the Ulugbek Observatory, once the finest and most advanced in the Islamic world
- Dinner with a local family - learn the secrets of how to prepare Pilav, a traditional rice dish
- Visit Shah-i-Zinda, a necropolis of sparkling blue mausoleums grouped along medieval streets
- Walk through the energetic Siab Market - feel the dynamic atmosphere of ancient Samarkand
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day. Expect to spend two to three hours on your feet during tours. The pace is fast. Some of the tours require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. There are many early mornings. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. The tourism infrastructure in Uzbekistan is more limited than what you might be accustomed to from other tours. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in the heart of Tashkent.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is a short walk from the old town of Khiva.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Fantastic!!! This was our first Discovery Tour. Although we have taken 18 Gate 1 trips and were very satisfied, this trip exceeded all expectations. The guides, the sights, the hotels, and the food were all first rate. We will certainly be promoting this tour to other people!Cathy S. Kutztown, PA
Very good trip; excellent guide; beautiful monuments; decent hotels. fascinating country with wonderful people.Barry R. Deerfield Beach, FL
Fascinating. I am used to good guides with Gate 1. That being said, our guide was without a doubt, the most knowledgeable I've ever had. His talks covered, not only the history of the country and detailed information on what we were seeing but he also gave us in depth information on the economic and social issues of Uzbekistan.The entire tour ran smoothly thanks to the tour director and his aid "Gill", from the Istanbul office, with whom we had the pleasure of his assistance on our Armenia/Georgia tour.Theodore W. Greenville, NC
Trip was EXCELLENT!! I have had many wonderful trips with Gate 1 and this trip, without a doubt, was the VERY BEST! Thanks to Gate 1 for providing such an outstanding travel experience in Uzbekistan! It couldn't have been better. Looking forward to traveling with you again!Linda F. Salt Lake City, UT
The trip was one of the best of my long list . I am very happy to have learned about and seen these four Uzbekistan cities, full of history, deeds, bravery, courage, and architectural beauty. My eyes had a banquet! I am very happy to be Gate 1 customer for so many years. As time goes bye, Gate 1 improves, and improves. More reasonable prices, and a great value. Looking forward to filling out the survey.Antonio M. Chicago, IL
We had a wonderful trip to Georgia, Armenia and Greece. Thanks for all your efforts on your behalf. The Discovery Tour to Armenia and Georgia was FANTASTIC! It was one of the best tours we have experienced through Gate 1. The hotel in Yerevan was wonderful. Whoever at Gate 1 made that choice of hotel picked a winner. The breakfasts were exceptional and the food in general at the hotel was great. The hotel itself was top notch with wonderful facilities. (They even had a grand piano in the lobby which they allowed me to play any time I wished.) The hotel had one of the greatest locations ever, situated on the main square of Yerevan across from the nightly dancing waters concerts. This was our 31st trip with Gate 1 and everything was perfect. Special commendation goes to our tour director Aykut , who was one of the best we ever had. Georgia was also a wonderful surprise. Although the Mercure was a business hotel without the appointments of the hotel in Yerevan, it had a wonderful location and was comfortable and clean. We cannot say enough about the restaurants and wineries that were selected by Gate 1 for meals. Each one rivaled the other as to their beautiful locations and/or terrific menus. Whoever made the arrangements for restaurants and wineries for this Discovery Tour should be commended. As usual, my husband is already planning our trip for next year.Stephanie B. Arlington Heights, IL
Wow! We felt incredibly spoiled on this Armenia/Georgia trip. The arrival accommodations at the Marriott in Yerevan were exquisite and all of our guides were super. Sayed, our Tour Manager was great. Ana, our local Yerevan guide couldn't have been more knowledgeable. Shan was warm and welcoming and Sophia in Georgia serenaded us with her beautiful voice everywhere we traveled. A very special group indeed. That was only the beginning. Every day we had sumptuous meals al fresco in beautiful wineries, waterside resorts, mountain hamlets, and in the shadow of mysterious monasteries. This team of guides and the care they took with us went far beyond duty. Armenia and Georgia are two of the best-kept secrets in Eastern Europe with gorgeous mountain scenery, medieval history and flowing wine under the shadow of Mount Ararat and the Caucasus Range. It was a sheer delight to visit such wonderful and enchanting countries and we look forward to visiting these gems again soon. Great job Gate 1.Carol L. Littleton, CO