13 Day Scandinavia, Naturally Charming
Air & Land
|Haymarket by Scandic||Stockholm|
|Clarion Collection Hotel Drott||Karlstad|
|Thon Hotel Opera||Oslo|
|Clarion Collection Hotel Hammer||Lillehammer|
|Clarion Hotel Admiral||Bergen|
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
Book By Dec 12, 2019 & Save!
|2020 Dates & Prices|
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Triple rooms at the Bristol Hotel will be accommodated in a Single & Twin room.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Stockholm, Bergen-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 11 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Stockholm
- 1 night Karlstad
- 2 nights Oslo
- 1 night Lillehammer
- 2 nights Geiranger
- 1 night Flam
- 2 nights Bergen
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 20 meals: 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 8 dinners with wine or beer (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- At Stockholm's City Hall, visit the Blue & Gold Halls where the Nobel Banquet is held
- Visit the unique Vasa Museum to view the Vasa warship, the only preserved 17th-century warship in the world
- Explore the fascinating Maihaugen Open Air Museum, a living museum featuring over 200 buildings from different eras of Norwegian history
- Visit a local confectioner to learn the art of baking traditional Swedish candy canes and keep your creation as a tasty souvenir
- Ascend by chair lift to the Lillehammer Ski Jump Tower dating back to the 1994 Winter Olympics, when conditions permit
- Enjoy a fun-filled beer tasting and dinner at the Lillehammer Brewery's beer cellar that dates back to 1855
- Travel on the thrilling Trollstigen Mountain Road - a day of dramatic and astonishing beauty!
- Cruise the UNESCO-protected Geirangerfjord where mountainside farms and waterfalls dot the near-vertical cliffs
- Visit the Norwegian Glacier Museum with its fascinating exhibits and informative audio-visual presentation
- Travel into the high glacial region on the famous Flam Mountain Railway, a masterpiece of Norwegian engineering
- Visit Troldhaugen, home of beloved Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg, and attend a concert in the on-site theater
- In Bergen’s lively fish market, stop for a tasting of the freshest and most delicious smoked salmon
- Tour unique Vigeland Sculpture Park with its astonishing life-size granite and bronze sculptures by Gustav Vigeland
- In Oslo, visit the Viking Ship Museum to view three 1,200-year-old preserved Viking ships
- Enjoy a private visit to the Nobel Peace Center in Oslo, which celebrates the lives and achievements of Nobel Prize winners
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active trip covers a good amount of ground each day. We can spend 2-3 hours on our feet during tours where you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Some hotels in Stockholm, Oslo, Lillehammer, Geiranger, Flam and Bergen are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable, even at higher elevations. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. Please be aware that Scandinavia is an expensive destination. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
DAY 1, Tuesday - Depart for Sweden
DAY 1, Thursday - Depart for Sweden
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in the heart of Stockholm.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in the heart of Karlstad.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is a short walk away from Karl Johans gate.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located nearby the Oslo Opera House.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located in the town of Lillehammer.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the Geirangerfjord.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The trip was wonderful and Malou was an outstanding guide.Linda T. Sarasota, FL
We had a great time! Sweden and Norway are beautiful countries, although we had rain most of the time, it was not heavy rain. We were able to enjoy such gorgeous views, ferry rides and great museums! The food was great and our travel companions were all fun! We also enjoyed the "home visit" that Discovery always provides. Always great interacting with the locals! We appreciate your assistance in putting everything together Gate 1. Got to plan the next one!Virginia M. La Mesa, CA
Fantastic! Both countries were beautiful, Norway is spectacular. Great traveling companions. Food was delicious. Many fun extras on this trip. Thanks for a great time.Mary D. Gilbert, AZ