12 Day Treasures of Provence
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2020 Dates & Prices|
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Paris, Nice-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Paris
- 2 nights Avignon
- 4 nights Aix-en-Provence
- 2 nights Nice
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- High Speed TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 20 meals: 10 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 6 dinners with wine (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Discover magical Paris in a vintage French Citroën on a special ride to Montmartre
- Take a guided visit to the treasure-filled Louvre, one of the world's largest museums
- Visit the soaring World Heritage site of the Palais des Papes (Palace of the Popes) in Avignon
- Stand before the extraordinary UNESCO listed three-tiered ancient Pont du Gard aqueduct
- Walking tour along the honey-colored streets in Arles that inspired many Van Gogh paintings
- Enter the vast Camargue, a harsh landscape home to white horses, black bulls and flamingos
- Share lunch with Guardians (cowboys) at a local ranch in the Camargue region
- In Saint-Rémy visit the beautiful old monastery complex where Van Gogh spent his last years
- Typical picnic lunch in Mouries with local wines and fresh olive oil from a nearby oil mill
- Explore the quintessential Provencal town of Aix-en-Provence, home of painter Paul Cézanne
- Visit Cézanne’s art studio, nestled on Lauves hill where many of his masterpieces were created
- At Sainte-Victoire Mountain, savor a delectable Provencal lunch with tastings of regional wines
- Journey into the very heart of Provence with its tiny clifftop villages and sprawling vineyards
- In Marseilles, visit the Vieux Port where fishmongers sell their catch along the boat lined quay
- A cruise in Cassis to view the region’s famous calanques (limestone rock formations)
- A boules game with locals followed by a culinary lesson and dinner in the village of Velaux
- Travel from Nice along the sun-drenched French Riviera, stopping in Eze and Cap Ferrat
- Visit the stunning Rothschild Villa and Gardens, a pink palazzo in magnificent St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
- Cross the border into the storied Principality of Monaco with its opulent Royal Palace
- In glamorous Monte Carlo, crown jewel of the Riviera, view the lavish marble and gold Casino
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is a moderately active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend two to three hours on our feet during tours. The pace is moderate. Some of our tours require walking over cobblestone streets and uneven surfaces. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This itinerary includes a mix of city and countryside sightseeing. The longest day spent on the bus is between Aix-en-Provence and Nice with about 2 hours total on the bus. This tour includes a train ride from Paris to Avignon that is approximately 4 hours in length, food & drink is available on board at an additional cost. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is just a short walk from the Champs Elysees.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located at the foot of Avignon's ancient ramparts.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The trip was great. We loved it all, Paris, Provence, Nice...hotels were fine, food great and our driver Alfeo was excellent. Best of all was our tour director, Anne. There are no words to adequately describe her contributions...let me just say she is a gem and Gate 1 is lucky to have her. Gate 1 has not seen the last of us. Till the next time...Robert F. Hawley, PA
George and I had a wonderful trip. Our tour guide, bus driver and tour group was fabulous. We enjoyed everyday of the trip and have many many great memories.Linda S. Castro Valley, CA
We had a great trip. France was beautiful, great food, people, weather and we visited some really interesting and unique places. Laura, our tour guide, was fantastic! The best I think we've ever had, and we've had a lot of great tour guides.Druci R. SN LUIS OBISP, CA
It was fantastic! Anne was an amazing guide. She was so attentive to everyone’s individual needs and request. I really enjoyed the small group. The itinerary was excellent. We learned so much about WWll in Normandy, experienced the beauty of Monet’s house and garden, and stayed at a gorgeous Chateau in Loire Valley, it was a perfect trip that I will be recommending to everyone!Allison S. Ann Arbor, MI.
Had a great time. Everything went smoothly and the tour was great. Lara was an excellent tour guide and extremely helpful.Ronald R. Winder, GA
Absolutely amazing. Our guide, Laura, was exceptional her attention to detail was incredible, for example when we were at the National Cemetery I thought , I wish I had bought a flower to place on a grave, and what did she have for each person in our tour, a rose. I could go on and on with examples such as this. The planning, scheduling, and visit locations prepared by Gate1 could not have been better. Lodging perfect, restaurant selections delicious, tour and sightseeing locations spot one. The only thing I might suggest is instead of two nights in Versailles perhaps one night, tour the palace and relocate the last night back in Paris, since all of us had to make our way back to the city for departures to other locations. Also, our last dinner held at the oldest restaurant in Paris was in the city. Great job to Gate1 and Laura. We will definitely book another small group tour. BTW your help was outstanding as well. Our flights were perfect and I was appreciative of the prompt response to my questions prior to our trip.Cynthia A. Torrance, CA
It was a trip of a lifetime! Incredible itinerary, phenomenal guide, great accommodations, and delicious food! We will be traveling with you next year.Jerod C. Wilmington, NC
Our trip was wonderful. As usual, Gate 1 did a great job of planning and initiating the tour. Our guide, Patrick, was knowledgeable and helpful. Our tour group couldn't be beat. The highlight for me as a professional trumpet player was having the opportunity to play "Taps" at the American cemetery in Normandy, France. Thanks for your help and thanks for asking.Paul R. Eustis, FL
Our tour in Northern France was fabulous. We had a small group of 10 who all got along and got to know each other well. Our director - Edo - was really good, as was our driver - Frank. Edo kept us constantly informed of our planned activity, gave us great historical background on each site, developed great relationships with each traveler and entertained us. My wife and I were the oldest and slowest in our group; Edo was very sensitive to this and made sure we could keep up with everyone. Our provided meals were all wonderful as was the wine. The hotels were of high quality and were well located. We chose the trip because of the itinerary. Our tour in Northern France was great, better than we expected. Thanks for asking me about this.Frank L Jr. Shelbyville, IN