13 Day Turkish Odyssey
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
|Only 1 seat left!||$2799||$3749*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$2799||$3749*|
Prices do not include optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include intra-flight from Istanbul-Dalaman.
Arrival and departure transfers are only included with arrival into Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST).
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Istanbul, Istanbul-New York
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-flight Istanbul-Dalaman
- 11 nights First Class accommodations
- 4 nights Istanbul
- 2 nights Fethiye
- 1 night Sagalassos
- 2 nights Cappadocia
- 2 nights Safranbolu
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 28 meals: 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 9 dinners (including a home hosted dinner, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Discover Istanbul’s extraordinary sights including the Blue Mosque, St. Sophia and the Hippodrome
- Hunt for local treasures in the Grand Bazaar – your guide will teach you the “in’s and out’s” of shopping in the market
- Tour the astounding Topkapi Palace with its background of harem intrigue and power politics
- Head to the historical and colorful neighborhoods of Fener & Balat
- Explore the culinary backstreets of Istanbul with food tastings from the best specialty food shops and local restaurants
- Marvel at the striking ancient Lycian tombs, carved high in the cliff sides in Kaunos
- Full Day Cruise along Fethiye's stunning 12 Islands
- Explore the underground city of Kaymakli in Cappadocia, once refuge for over 5000 people
- See the extraordinary “fairy chimneys” and the Goreme Open Air Museum, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Sagalassos, one of the best preserved ancient cities in Turkey
- View traditional Turkish Ottoman houses in Safranbolu, in the Black Sea region
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend two to three hours on our feet during tours. The pace is fast. Some of our tours require walking over cobbled streets, uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This superior first class hotel is located in the Karakoy neighborhood of Istanbul.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks Fethiye Bay and the Fethiye marina.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in a private pine forest in the town of Aglasun.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated amid Cappadocia's magical landscape in the ancient village of Urgup.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Depart early in the morning for a fantastic hot air balloon tour that takes you soaring over the magnificent Cappadocian landscape with its incredible fairy chimney rock formations. A hot-air balloon flight is unique from all other methods of flying in that there is no sensation of motion, creating an experience of tranquility unlike any other. Traveling at heights of up to 1500 feet, the feeling is both serene and sublime. Within moments of lifting off, drift over the treetops and discover the spectacular landscape from an unrivaled perspective. The deep canyons and lush, fertile valleys of Cappadocia provide an ideal setting for a memorable flight and it may even be possible to pick apricots from the trees when they are in season.
Approximate tour duration is 3.5 hours.
The take-off time and the duration of the flight may vary due to weather conditions. Balloon rides will vary between 50 and 75 minutes according to the wind.
*Due to limited capacity, advanced booking is recommended for this tour. This is not an exclusive tour and therefore you may be with passengers from other tour companies. Due to inclement weather conditions, this tour may be canceled and refunded. This tour cannot be rescheduled due to local regulations limiting the daily total number of passengers.
|Day #8||01 Nov 2018 - 31 Oct 2019||$174.00|
The Turkey tour was fantastic! Wonderful accommodation, small group with great people, clean and comfortable bus, and a GREAT guide, Sayat!James K. Calgary, AB
One of the best trips ever!!!!! I am planning on returning with my granddaughter. I want to mention our tour manager Mojo who was always on top of everything. I have only praises regarding this magic adventure, thank you Gate 1!Ana H. Coral Gables, FL
Our trip to Turkey was f a n t a s t i c !!!! The country is s must-see-do! Our Gate 1 Discovery tour was well planned, exactly executed and our guide Mesut and the driver Kadir are outstanding professionals! They made the vacation as good as it was. We are 100% over the top satisfied! Thanks to everyone who made this trip come true!Martinsburg, WV