12 Day Mongolia & Gobi Desert
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
Optional tours and gratuities
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Domestic air travel in Mongolia is subject to flight delays and schedule changes on short notice. This may require changes to the order of your itinerary or flight segments being replaced with lengthy drives. Any adjustments needed will be communicated as soon as possible
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar-New York Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Ulaanbaatar-Moron, Moron-Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar-Dalanzadgad, Dalanzadgad-Ulaanbaatar
- 10 nights accommodations
- 3 nights Ulaanbaatar
- 2 nights Lake Khovsgol
- 2 nights Mt. Khogno Khan
- 2 nights Gobi Desert
- 1 night Khongor Sand Dunes
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 28 meals: 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners (including a lunch with a nomadic family, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Wine with all dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager in Mongolia
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Meet the Tsaatan, known as Reindeer people, one of the last groups of nomadic reindeer herders in the world
- Share in the local love of music during performances of throat singing, long song and a shaman dance
- Meet a Yak family in their ger and learn about their nomadic life
- Explore the mysterious "Singing Sand Dunes" at Khongoryn Els by camel and on foot
- Learn to make khuushuur fried dumplings during a fun cooking lesson
- See Bayanzag's Flaming Cliffs, noted for the dinosaur fragments uncovered here in the 1920s
- Explore the ancient Mongol capital of Karakorum
- Meet a nomadic family when they invite you into their ger, or yurt, for lunch
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an adventurous and active trip. Though the overall pace is moderate, the distance between some of our tour sites requires long travel days and early morning wake ups. On many of our days, we journey to remote areas over rough and bumpy unpaved roads, and will require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes for two to three hours during tours. Small boats and animal experiences require agility to embark and disembark. Electricity for our camps is provided by generator and may not be available 24 hours a day. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking or who have heart conditions. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the historic centre of Ulaanbaatar.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class camp is located on the western shore of Lake Khovsgol with scenic mountains in the distance.Hotel Details
This tourist class camp features spectacular views.Hotel Details
This tourist class camp is only a ten minute drive away from the Yolyn Am gorge.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
This afternoon, enjoy a relaxing boat ride on one of the largest lakes in Mongolia, Lake Khovsgol, also known as "The Dark Blue Pearl" or "The Crystal Blue Pearl". Lake Khovsgol is the largest freshwater lake by volume and deepest lake in Central Asia with an oval shape and is rich in various fish species including pike, perch, salmon, Siberian grayling and sturgeon. The lake is surrounded by high mountains of the Khoridol Saridag and Bayan Mountain Ranges, along the west shore and covered with forests inhabited by wild animals such as bears, sables, moose, ibex and wild sheep. Your boat tour will take you to the shore on the other side of the lake and the entire excursion will offer beautiful views and wonderful photography opportunities.
Pickup details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 1 hour.
|Day #4||01 Jun 2019 - 31 Aug 2019||$38.00|
My trip to China and Tibet was great. Our tour manager Ivy was exceptionally good and made this trip even more special. Her attention to details was amazing. This was the smallest group I have ever traveled with and I loved it as it allowed us to experience many things that wouldn't have been possible for a large group. Loved all the local guides as well. Loved the country, food and all the accommodations .. Would love to go back and experience more of this amazing country.Agamani S. Lawrence, KS
Without a doubt, the China/Tibet trip that I participated in was FANTASTIC! ... I am recommending them to family and friends. Having been on larger trips over the years, I must say that accommodating so few travelers afforded us greater mobility, and many chances to interact with each other ... Special, special thanks to Jenny and Frank for answering my neverending questions, offering so many local tidbits and gems, and enduring my versions of the languages. This trip was one that I wanted to experience for years, and it was everything that I expected and more ... Thanks again to everyone for my Chinese/Tibetan memories.Julianna B. Westerville, OH
I would like to add that EVERYONE on our trip to China was over-the-top crazy about our tour manager, Louise. She could not have been more professional or more caring ... She never seemed to tire of our endless questions! ... Another guide was taking us to the airport for our trip home, but when Louise's flight was cancelled, she made a point to find us in a very busy airport. I can't say enough wonderful things about her. I consider her a friend and tears were shed when we had to say good-bye!Elizabeth G. McDonough, GA.
Trip was great - our guide Jason was fantastic - loved all of tour - only wish it would have included one more day in shanghai for individual time, shopping etc think everyone in our group felt like they would have liked to stay in shanghai one more day for some free time!! Love it - great accommodations, local guides, travel - very happy with trip - but especially loved our guide - he made trip fantastic!!Ann B. Edmonds, WA
The trip was excellent. We really got our money's worth. Tibet was a once in a lifetime experience.Harvey R. San Diego, CA