14 Day Discover Sicily & Malta
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
|Only 1 seat left!||$4499||$5289*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$4499||$5289*|
Land Only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flight from Catania to Luqa.
Oct 5 departure will be accommodated at the Mediterraneo Palace Hotel in Ragusa.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Palermo, Luqa-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-flight Catania-Luqa
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Palermo
- 2 nights Marsala Area
- 1 night Agrigento
- 2 nights Ragusa
- 2 nights Catania
- 3 nights Sliema
- Italian city hotel taxes & Maltese eco-contribution tax
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 24 meals: 12 buffet breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners (including a welcome & farewell dinner)
- Wine is included with lunch and dinner
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit the Palatine Chapel in the Norman Palace with its interior of glittering 12th century Byzantine mosaics
- Tour the old city of Palermo, featuring an incredible mix of architectural styles
- Discover Phoenician Motya with its famous Charioteer by boat
- Visit Mazara del Vallo, with its Arabian style quarters and famous dancing Satyr
- Discover Agrigento's Valley of the Temples, the best preserved remains outside of Greece
- Make your own classic pizza from fresh ingredients!
- View the Roman Villa del Casale in Piazza Armerina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See the baroque jewels of Noto and Ragusa
- Discover the island of Ortigia, the historical center of the city of Siracusa
- Visit the Greek Theater and the Ear of Dionysus in the Siracusa Archaeological Park
- Ascend the lava-crusted slopes of Mt. Etna – one of the most active volcanoes in Europe!
- Visit the trendy resort town of Taormina
- Discover the rich history of Valletta, the European Capital of Culture for 2018
- Explore the “Three Cities” Vittoriosa, Cospicua, and Senglea areas of Malta
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring megalithic Temples of Ggantija in Gozo
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This program is active. Walking is done over cobbled streets, uneven surfaces, stairs, steps, and/or significant slopes. Expect most of the sightseeing to require three to four hours of walking, as well as a considerable amount of time standing. Many historical cities have specific driving regulations, with set drop off and pick up points, that result in extra walking to and from the sights. The pacing is active as many sites are included. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in the heart of Palermo.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in the Marsala countryside where it overlooks a breathtaking landscape.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the Valley of the Temples.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is a five minute walk from the Cathedral of San Giovanni Battista.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the Santa Domenica valley.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in the heart of historic Catania near many local attractions.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
We had a WONDERFUL trip...We were very pleased with the chance to sample local cuisine and wine. We enjoyed the smaller villages and feeling more immersed in the Italian culture. The weather was perfect, seeing the Alps every day was a real treat. Riccardo's choices of where to eat, to sample wines of the region, or try a local food specialty, was very much appreciated. We will continue to explore Gate 1 small group experiences if it continues to follow this model.Glen B. Eugene, OR
One of the best trips ever!!!!! I am planning on returning with my granddaughter. I want to mention our tour manager Mojo who was always on top of everything. I have only praises regarding this magic adventure, thank you Gate 1!Ana H. Coral Gables, FL
Enjoyed our trip, Georgio was an excellent tour director & organized our stay & tours well. He informed us of our schedules in a timely manner. The itinerary was great with diverse activities including tours of churches, palaces, winery & cooking session which we perfect. Liked the small group. All tour guides were passionate, knowledgable about their area & made it interesting. Walking tours gave us a good experience in towns.Rekha G. Uppr Marlboro, MD