12 Day The Heart of Italy
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
|Only 1 seat left!||$4449||$5169*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$4449||$5169*|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
New Rome Bus Regulation for 2019 - It was recently announced that the city of Rome will be implementing new regulations for tourist bus access to the historical city center, including the areas near the Colosseum, Forum and Vatican City. These regulations are expected to take effect on Jan 1 2019. At this time, we are uncertain of the impact these regulations will have on our itineraries, but we are closely monitoring the situation and still planning to operate as usual. Due to the uncertainty of these new regulations, the means of transportation and order of your scheduled itinerary may be subject to change.
May 5 departure will be accommodated at LaGare Hotel Venezia in Venice.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Venice, Rome-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Venice
- 2 nights San Giuliano Terme
- 2 nights Florence
- 1 night Torgiano
- 3 nights Rome
- Italian city hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 18 meals: 10 buffet breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Wine is included with lunch and dinner
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Walking tour of St. Mark’s Square in Venice, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
- Experience an Insider's Venice Walking Tour that will take you "off the beaten path"
- Discover the island of Murano with its famous glassblowing factories
- Enjoy a walking tour of Lucca with a lunch focused on local specialties
- Marvel at the cliffside villages of Cinque Terre, “five towns” that seem suspended over the Ligurian Sea
- Learn to shop like a native at the local market, and then travel to the countryside with your chef to prepare an authentic, home-cooked Italian meal
- Celebrate the beauty of Florence at the Accademia of Fine Arts, where Michelangelo's David is housed
- Stop in Siena, a lovely medieval city, known for its famous Palio horse race
- Tour a vineyard and their extensive wine cellar in Umbria and sample some of the local specialties
- Visit the Vatican Museum and Michelangelo's incomparable Sistine Chapel
- Explore the grand piazzas of the Eternal City of Rome, jewels of Baroque and Renaissance architecture
- Experience the monumental grandeur of this ancient city built on seven hills: the legendary Roman Forum & the mighty Colosseum
- Visit the Palazzo Colonna, one of the oldest and largest private palaces of Rome, and the preserved Apartment of Princess Isabelle
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This program is active. Walking is done over cobbled streets, uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Expect most of the sightseeing to require three to four hours of walking as well as a considerable time standing. Many historical cities have specific driving regulations, with set drop off and pick up points, that result in extra walking to and from the sights. The pacing is active as many sites are included. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Venice, just a short walk from Saint Mark's Square.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated on the island of Murano.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in San Giuliano Terme.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located about a twenty minute drive from the historic center of Florence.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
One of the experiences of any Italian holiday is a Venetian gondola ride. For centuries, the traditional flat bottom boat has been a major means of transportation in Venice though its primary role today is to take tourists on rides. Gondoliers may seem like "rough-and-ready" characters, however they are actually highly skilled operators constantly working on the perfect balance of this watercraft. The profession, handed down from generation to generation, is regulated by a guild which issues a limited number of licenses to highly trained gondoliers to navigate the narrow spaces of the Venetian Canals. Explore part of the Grand Canal as well as some other hidden minor waterways. The gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. Your gondolier will indicate the seating arrangements to balance the boat and you may not be seated next to your travel companions. Though you may envision the gondolier singing to you, there will only be a musician aboard one of the boats in your fleet of several different gondolas.
Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 30 minutes.
|Day #3||01 Jun 2019 - 28 Oct 2019||$66.00|
We had a WONDERFUL trip...We were very pleased with the chance to sample local cuisine and wine. We enjoyed the smaller villages and feeling more immersed in the Italian culture. The weather was perfect, seeing the Alps every day was a real treat. Riccardo's choices of where to eat, to sample wines of the region, or try a local food specialty, was very much appreciated. We will continue to explore Gate 1 small group experiences if it continues to follow this model.Glen B. Eugene, OR
One of the best trips ever!!!!! I am planning on returning with my granddaughter. I want to mention our tour manager Mojo who was always on top of everything. I have only praises regarding this magic adventure, thank you Gate 1!Ana H. Coral Gables, FL
Enjoyed our trip, Georgio was an excellent tour director & organized our stay & tours well. He informed us of our schedules in a timely manner. The itinerary was great with diverse activities including tours of churches, palaces, winery & cooking session which we perfect. Liked the small group. All tour guides were passionate, knowledgable about their area & made it interesting. Walking tours gave us a good experience in towns.Rekha G. Uppr Marlboro, MD