11 Day Irish Culture
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
Book By Dec 13, 2018 & Save!
|2019 Dates & Prices|
|Only 1 seat left!||$2749||$3249||$3429*||$3929*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$2799||$3299||$3529*||$4029*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$3249||$3929*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$3299||$4029*|
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Dublin, Dublin-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Dublin
- 2 nights Waterford
- 2 nights Adare
- 2 nights Westport
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 17 meals: 9 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners (including 1 home hosted lunch, welcome dinner, medieval banquet and farewell dinner)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals
- Visit to the Irish National Stud Farm where world-class thoroughbreds are reared. Gain insight into the rearing of these champions
- See the Rock of Cashel, one of Ireland's most spectacular archaeological sites
- Enjoy lunch and conversation with a family at Molanna Farm about life on an Irish homestead
- Sample Irish coffee at the Flying Boat Museum, where it was invented
- View the rugged scenery on the drive to the Cliffs of Moher on the Atlantic coast
- Tour a working sheep farm and watch sheep herding demonstrations
- At Trinity College in Dublin see the 8th century Book of Kells
- Tour the famed Guinness Storehouse and sample Ireland's most famous brew
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is a moderately active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend two to three hours on our feet during tours. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This superior first class hotel is located in the heart of Dublin city near to its many attractions.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located on the Suir River Estuary.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The tour was excellent and very informative. The tour guide - Maureen - was excellent. We really liked the smaller group size (22) of the Discovery Tour. We would definitely consider doing other Discovery Tours. We may have been lucky in that we encountered virtually no rain over the 10 days of this tour, so Ireland really looked nice. We’re guessing that rainy days are more the norm. Overall we would definitely recommend this tour and Gate 1.Philip L. Oak Park, IL
We loved our trip! I would highly recommend it! Our guide, Linda, was the best. She was incredibly knowledgeable and caring. The itinerary was perfect and the Irish people warm and welcoming.Rosalie M. Jenkintown, PA
I liken it to an entry level course in college: exposure to the full breadth of all things Irish. We were treated to the history of the land, with particular attention to the independence struggle; the lives of people today; the current political circumstances; the education system; the terrain and how it influenced history; business and economics throughout a span of history; significant places that showcased the history and entertainments that reflected of Irish culture. The tour route and stops were well chosen for the purpose, but it would have been for naught without John, his knowledge and his ability to present it clearly, concisely and entertainingly. We appreciated the free time provided in different places to explore/shop on our own or rest over a pint. It would have been nice to have more time (e.g. in Dingle, et al.) where 2 hrs. was insufficient to both shop and have lunch. We will recommend this tour to others.Milton G Jr. Richfield, OH
It was wonderful. We would have liked an extra day in Adare I think is the only change. Our guide Maureen was the best. She was very knowledgeable and was a lovely person. She kept us on shedule without feeling like we were rushed. Patrick our driver, was very competent. We felt comfortable at all times. Patrick and Maureen were the epitome of what we expected of Irish hospitality. Because of them we will be back!Marnie F. Florence, TX
Great trip. I have nothing to say but good things! Well organized, varied, interesting sites, good hotels, fabulous food. Maureen is an excellent tour guide, very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful besides being endlessly patient. Mick the driver was professional, a very good driver and fun to deal with. Many thanks to the Fenton's and Damien Brennan for inviting us into their homes. The whole experience was enjoyable. Thank you very much.Beryl J. British Columbia, Canada
We have been on several Gate 1 trips and enjoyed them but this was our first Discovery Tour by Gate 1. My husband and I enjoyed it immensely. We liked the small number of fellow passengers...that's a real plus for us. Our guide Patrick was very knowledgeable and interesting. We had many laughs and learned so much about Ireland. We really loved it. The hotels were wonderful and all our meals that were provided were exceptional. We especially enjoyed the Dairy Farm luncheon and the Yeats Poetry luncheon. Our bus driver Kaspars was a very good driver and we felt very safe on the "wrong" side of the road for all of us. We will definitely book more Gate 1 Discovery trips.Carol P. Hastings, MN
Wonderful!!! Almost perfect! We loved the itinerary and our guide Patrick was fantastic...a knowledgeable and consummate professional about whom we can't say enough!!! We were also impressed with Kaspers our driver. Friends and family were very impressed with the pictures and descriptions that I shared almost daily on Facebook and I had several requests for information about our tour. I was happy to share info about the Irish Culture Discovery tour. I assume you will be asking for a more detailed evaluation at a later date. It will be a pleasure to provide one for you!!Elizabeth P. Crozet, VA