13 Day Greece, The Birthplace of Civilization
Air & Land
|Divani Meteora Hotel||Kalambaka|
|Hotel Corfu Palace||Corfu|
|Divani Corfu Palace||Corfu|
|Nafplia Palace Hotel & Villas||Nauplion|
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
Book By Dec 13, 2018 & Save!
|2019 Dates & Prices|
|Only 1 seat left!||$3099||$3599||$4009*||$4509*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$3599||$4509*|
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Thessaloniki, Athens-New York
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 11 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Thessaloniki
- 1 night Kalambaka
- 2 nights Corfu
- 2 nights Nafpaktos
- 1 night Olympia
- 1 night Nauplion
- 2 nights Athens
- Hotel taxes, fees, and service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 26 meals: 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 9 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Ferry service between Igoumenitsa-Corfu, Corfu-Igoumenitsa
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit Pella, birthplace of Alexander the Great and center of the ancient Macedonian dynasty.
- In Thessaloniki, view the iconic 15th century White Tower, once used as a fort and prison.
- View the Royal Tomb of King Phillip and the priceless jewels and treasures in Vergina.
- Tour Meteora’s mystical monasteries perched in mid-air, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Ferry to dazzling Corfu, with its dramatic coastlines, olive groves and miles of wild flowers.
- Walk through luxurious Achilleion Palace built for Princess Sisi, the Empress of Austria.
- Visit the archaeological site of Delphi and the imposing Temple of Apollo.
- Tour the Achaia Clauss Winery and its vineyards in the wine region of the Peloponnese.
- Enjoy a Greek cooking demonstration led by a chef who shares his culinary secrets.
- Visit the archaeological sites of Olympia, birthplace of the Olympics.
- Visit the picturesque town of Nauplion, the first capital of modern Greece.
- In Mycenae, heartland of Greek mythology, visit the remarkable Tomb of Agamemnon.
- Enjoy a fun filled night in Athens' Plaka area with great food and great company!
- Explore Athens - a living museum! Stand before the gleaming Acropolis and magnificent Parthenon.
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active trip covers a fair amount of ground each day. Expect from three to four hours walking every touring day. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This deluxe hotel overlooks the old town of Nauplion and the Bay of Argolis.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is a short drive from the center of the town of Nauplion.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Trip was great, greatly organized, very nice hotels, great food and our driver Plato was outstanding and who really made this trip superior, was our tour guide Chris. He is so knowledgeable a good storyteller. Altogether wonderful experience.Zdena V. Fair Lawn, NJ.
Awesome trip. Loved every minute. Our guide, Evgenia, is a treasure. Wonderful personality, and smart (academic background - archeology major) with a sense of how much to tell us, and when. We were well prepared as we traveled about and her guidance made us appreciate the history of Greece's colorful past through ruins, battles, and personalities to the fullest. She is passionate about her country and it shines through every thing and every place we saw. I hope you compensate her well!!Sharon M. Bolton, MA
Our Gate 1 trip to Greece was very satisfactory, in line with all our other great past experiences with Gate 1. Please note for your management team that our Tour Guide Manager Militsia was one of Gate 1 's best. This trip definitely exceeded our very high expectations!Theresa T. Marlton, NJ
The trip to Greece was fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone. Jenny, our tour guide, was the best tour guide I've ever had and I've taken many tours with various companies. She's extremely knowledgeable and also very conscious of her travelers' needs. I recommend her highly. I truly believe it was because of her, her knowledge and guidance that made the trip so enjoyable. She's a real asset to Gate 1 in Greece.Nancy M. New York, NY
Greece trip was wonderful. The tour was excellent and Jenny was a fantastic guide. All of the sites we visited were incredible and very interesting.Mark I. Spring, TX
Our trip to Greece was wonderful! Militsa, our tour guide, and Christos, our driver were both helpful, engaging and very knowledgeable--Militsa's commentary on the sites we visited was just what we wanted--historical perspective peppered with her enthusiasm for her country and its beauty. I would recommend this tour to all who want to learn about Greece--past and present!Bettina S. Atascadero, CA
We had such a wonderful time time on our small group tour to Greece. As it turned out there only 11 on the tour plus our bus driver George and guide Eugenia. Being so small, we were able to be flexible. Everyone got along wonderfully. The weather was beautiful, the sea too and oh my the food was out of this world. Every place/stop we went was so interesting. Eugenia was very knowledgeable and passionate about her country. I believe two of favorite things about the tour was eating in the homes of Greeks and their families, actually living the Greek culture. Such for for everyone. Eugenia & George were such a great team, they worked very well together & got along so well. Both were very polite, accommodating, and personable. George at every stop was there to help everyone off & on the bus. Something I noticed at sites that other tour drivers didn't do. George too was very friendly and fun to be around. His driving was impeccable and driving that huge coach in Greece was no easy task. We felt very safe. Eugenia, I don't know where to start on how wonderful she was. Wealth of knowledge, always smiling, very friendly, willing to lend a helping hand, and very professional. She was just plain fantastic. A truly lovely gal. In closing, I will again sing Eugenia & George's praises. Hoping someday, our paths will cross again.Kim W. Houston, TX
Our trip was very good! Our tour guide (Demetra) was excellent and we learned so much about Greek history and past and present Greek culture. I certainly recommend this trip to others.Douglas B. Danville, PA