14 Day France & Spain: History, Culture & Wine
Air & Land
|France & Spain: History, Culture & Wine|
|Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque||Madrid|
|NH Collection Villa de Bilbao||Bilbao|
|Chateau Grand Barrail Hotel||Saint-Émilion|
|Au Grand Hotel de Sarlat Pavilon Selves||Sarlat|
|Hotel Les Trois Couronnes||Carcassonne|
|NH Collection Barcelona Gran Hotel Calderon||Barcelona|
|Hotel Negresco Princess||Barcelona|
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
|Only 1 seat left!||$4199||$4889*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$4199||$4889*|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Sep 18 departure will be accommodated at Hotel Negresco Princess in Barcelona
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Madrid, Barcelona-New York
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Madrid
- 2 nights Bilbao
- 2 nights St. Emilion
- 2 nights Sarlat
- 1 night Carcassonne
- 3 nights Barcelona
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges including Barcelona city taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 21 meals: 12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Wine, coffee and tea served with all meals
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit the renowned Prado Museum - stand before masterpieces by Goya and El Greco
- Tour a traditional Spanish winery and cellar in the Rioja region and enjoy a wine tasting
- In the Basque city of Bilbao, visit the inspirational and glittering Guggenheim Museum
- Visit the stunning seaside resort of San Sebastian, called the "Pearl" of northern Spain
- Stay at a Chateau in the countryside near the UNESCO World Heritage village of St. Emilion
- Specially arranged wine tasting at a local vineyard of fabulous Bordeaux wines
- Travel to the exquisite pilgrimage site at Rocamadour, set precariously into limestone cliffs
- Visit the impressive fortified walled city of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Play a local game of Petanque with your fellow travelers
- In the Catalonian city of Figueres, visit the Dali Theatre-Museum, designed by the artist
- Visit Gaudi's masterpiece, the unfinished fanciful La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend three to four hours on our feet during tours. Some of our tours require walking over cobblestone streets and uneven surfaces. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in Madrid's city center close to major attractions.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is centrally located in Bilbao.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is a short drive away from the town of Saint-Émilion.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the commune of Sarlat.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is about a ten minute walk away from Carcassonne's medieval city.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is situated in Barcelona's Eixample district.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Toledo is a "Museum City" of great artistic beauty. Former capital of Spain and one of the oldest cities in Europe, Toledo has magnificent examples of architecture from different periods, making it one of the leading artistic cities of the country. In Toledo visit the most famous monuments, such as St. Tome Church, which houses El Greco's 'The Burial of Count Orgaz" and the Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue. Also admire its famous hand-crafted work, the "Damasquinado."
Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #3||11 Apr 2019 - 24 Dec 2019||$70.00|
The trip was fantastic. Everything was so well organized, our tour guide was lovely, the hotels were great and the other people on the tour were a lot of fun. Have been recommending Gate 1 to all my friends- all going well I’ll be back for another booking.Samantha P. NSW, Australia
Great trip. Elio, our tour director, was great and bonded with everyone. Had good choice of hotels which had good breakfasts to start the day. Great way to see highlights of Portugal and Spain with excellent site guides. Good choice of restaurants for lunch and dinners.Clyde S. Zionsville, IN
One of the best trips ever!!!!! I am planning on returning with my granddaughter. I want to mention our tour manager Mojo who was always on top of everything. I have only praises regarding this magic adventure, thank you Gate 1!Ana H. Coral Gables, FL
The trip was wonderful! We thought that Lisa, tour manager, was exceptional-extremely knowledgeable, helpful, fun to be with. We enjoyed the small group size (only 14 people) and the accommodations and included meals were great. The city guides were extremely knowledgeable and fun and we learned a lot from them. We had been to Barcelona before but the Barcelona guide gave us additional insights into the city. We have already recommended the trip to friends, who plan on taking it next May. We would love to do another Gate 1 Discovery tour-we are especially interested in Sicily if you offer one there. We look forward to traveling with you again.Carole W. Potomac, MD
This was a great tour of spain and france. Ivan was an excellent tour director.David G. Lakewood, CO