10 Day Alaska's Natural Beauty
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
|2019 Dates & Prices|
Prices do not include transfers and gratuities.
Land only price includes flights Chitina-McCarthy & McCarthy-Chitina.
Some domestic flights arrive late at night on Day 1.
US National Parks Refund Guarantee – Gate 1 will refund any land deposit paid for programs featuring US National Parks in the unlikely event that parks do not reopen in time due to the current US Government shutdown. Flights remain subject to airline terms and conditions of cancellation.
Due to the use of small passenger planes (3, 4, 6 or 15 seat small planes), there is a weight restriction for luggage of 30 pounds per person (including hand luggage) for flights. Please pack your belongings in a soft-sided duffel bag. Traditional suitcases with rigid frames or hard plastic sides should not be used.
The route and program may vary according to weather condition, season changes and safety issues.
Triple rooms consist of two double/queen beds for three persons; where available, a fee may be charged by the hotel for the addition of a cot/rollaway.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Seattle-Fairbanks, Anchorage-Seattle
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Chitina-McCarthy* & McCarthy-Chitina*
- 9 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Fairbanks
- 2 nights Denali
- 2 nights Kennicott
- 1 night Valdez
- 2 nights Anchorage
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 21 meals: 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Deluxe Dome Rail from Fairbanks to Denali National Park
- Services of English-speaking tour manager
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
*Small passenger planes (3, 4, 6 or 15 seat planes) are used for flights to and from Kennicott
- Our most complete tour of Alaska featuring its most popular attractions, ample wildlife viewing opportunities and rarely visited sites including remote, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. This tour is designed for guests who want to spend part of their time far from the crowds in a small-group setting.
- Walk with frolicking reindeer through the beautiful boreal forest of the Goldstream Valley
- Celebrate interior Alaska's people, land, and culture at the Morris Thompson Cultural Center
- Travel in deluxe Dome Rail to Denali National Park
- Meet an Iditarod musher and his sled dog team who enlighten you about this legendary race
- Enjoy a breathtakingly beautiful day in Denali National Park on the Tundra Wilderness Tour
- Rafting on the Nenana River reveals picture perfect views and serenity of the wilderness
- A spectacular flight through Wrangell-St. Elias National Park will take your breath away
- Hike on the Root Glacier with a professional mountain guide - a unique adventure!
- Visit the Kennecott Mines abandoned copper mining camp named a National Historic Landmark
- Travel to Valdez through Thompson Pass, considered the 'snowiest' place in Alaska
- Cruise on majestic Prince William Sound
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to see some of Alaska's famous wildlife up-close!
- Ascend 2,300 feet by tram to the peak of Mt. Alyeska for stunning panoramic views
- In Anchorage, meet with a local organization that rescues wild birds and provides medical care
- At the Alaska Native Heritage Center see authentic dwellings from the regional tribes
Is This Trip Right for You?
This itinerary is very active and will require walking 5 or more miles over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes. This adventurous trip includes several early morning starts, full-day excursions and many different modes of transportation, including bush plane, railroad, ship, river raft and tram car, which require agility to embark and disembark. This program covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend most of our time driving over roads that are often rough and bumpy. The Denali Highway is partially paved with gravel and one of lesser traveled highways. There is a significant amount of walking areas visited during your trip. This itinerary is designed for those who are interested in a faster-paced, adventure-filled experience. It is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking, sitting, or who have heart conditions. Some of the most memorable sightseeing can only be accomplished on foot. Route and program may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety issues and wildlife. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This tourist class hotel is a friendly, family run hotel located on the banks of the Chena River.Hotel Details
This tourist class lodge is situated nearby the Nenana River.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located at the center of America’s largest national park.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located on the picturesque waterfront of Valdez Harbor.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week