13 Day Central Europe & Balkans Exploration
Air & Land
Prices do not include optional tours, and gratuities for guides/tour managers. Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Budapest, Dubrovnik-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 11 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Budapest
- 1 night Timisoara
- 2 nights Belgrade
- 2 nights Sarajevo
- 1 night Mostar
- 3 nights Dubrovnik
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 20 meals: 11 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- During your private cooking class, learn how to prepare traditional Hungarian dishes
- Stop at Fisherman's Bastion, for enthralling panoramic views of Budapest
- Take a carriage ride through the Puszta, a grassland biome on the Great Hungarian Plain
- Visit Timisoara, the city where the Romanian revolution started in 1989
- Explore Novi Sad with its beautiful Cathedral and the Serbian National Theater, the first theater in the country
- Tour Petrovaradin Fortress, one of the best-preserved artillery bastions in Europe
- Visit Kalemegdan Citadel, the crown and heart of Belgrade
- Tour Sarajevo, a beautiful city with splendid architecture and a complex history
- Marvel at the iconic Stari Most, the reconstructed 16th century arched bridge in Mostar
- Discover the walled town of Pocitel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Capljina, visit a carpet center and learn about the carpet weaving tradition
- Tour the Franciscan Monastery with its 14th century pharmacy, the oldest still in function pharmacy in Europe
- Ascend by cable car to the top of Mount Srdj, for breathtaking views of Dubrovnik's Old City
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active trip covers a lot of ground most days. Expect up to three to four hours walking every touring day, where you could encounter some uneven surfaces, cobbled streets, stairs, and steep slopes. Some hiking may be required to access some sites. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the heart of the city centre.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located nearby the Timisoara Opera House.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in downtown Belgrade.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located in downtown Sarajevo.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located above the Mepas Mall in the business area of Mostar.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Mostar.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The tour was GREAT, and made even more enjoyable because of the skill and local knowledge of our Tour Manager, Beatrice, and skillful careful driver Barnard. We have had a great time, saw incredible sights, stayed in wonderful hotels, and had one of the most enjoyable tours ever.Charles M. Denver, CO
The Majestic Balkans trip was terrific. Our tour leader Georgi was extremely knowledgeable about all 4 countries visited. The accommodations were excellent ... The dining experiences were also terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed this trip and I will not hesitate to take another Discovery tour with Gate 1. Turkish Air was also excellent.Charlotte E. Dennis Port, MA
Oh my this trip was so great. One of our best ever Gate 1 trips! The itinerary was perfect. Perfect pace, not rushed in any of the stops. Perfect amount of time on our own to explore. The food was so amazing! This trip made me want to go back to each of these four countries to explore more. Albania was a special treat because I had no idea of what to expect ... Our Tour Manager, Ana was exceptional. She was knowledgeable, helpful and just fun to be around. I would highly recommend this tour! Thanks again Gate 1 for keeping travel affordable and allowing us to see so much of the world.Kimberly L. Fulton, MD
It was fantastic. Both drivers Peter and Leonard were super. Bus was always clean. Windows always clean. And then there’s Ana. One of best guides we’ve had. Always smiling. Never flustered. Humour galore. Great travel mates. Rate the trip as a 10+. Hang on to Ana. She was superSusan M. St. Peters, NS, CA
The trip was excellent. Dino our guide was great, well informed and made us understand what happened in those countries since he lived through those turbulent times.Jim P. Cedarburg, WI
One of the best trips ever!!!!! I am planning on returning with my granddaughter. I want to mention our tour manager Mojo who was always on top of everything. I have only praises regarding this magic adventure, thank you Gate 1!Ana H. Coral Gables, FL