14 Day Discover Burma (Myanmar)
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2018 Dates & Prices||2018 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include intra-flights Bangkok-Yangon, Yangon-Bagan, Bagan-Heho, Heho-Mandalay & Mandalay-Bangkok.
Thailand will be holding the Thai King’s cremation ceremony Oct 25-29. As this is a major event, there are anticipated road closures and other disruptions that are sure to take place in Bangkok. Adjustments to the itinerary in Bangkok may take place for passengers scheduled to stay during this time.
Thingyan Water Festival is Myanmar’s largest festival and is celebrated the second week of April each year by splashing one another with water in the streets. You may get wet while in the city for the festival as locals will often toss water on strangers as a show of blessings and good wishes. The itinerary may be altered slightly for departures during this time due to local events. Details will be provided locally by your tour manager.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip international flights: Los Angeles-Bangkok, Bangkok-Los Angeles
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Bangkok-Yangon, Yangon-Bagan, Bagan-Heho, Heho-Mandalay & Mandalay-Bangkok
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Bangkok
- 2 nights Yangon
- 2 nights Bagan
- 2 nights Inle Lake
- 3 nights Mandalay
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 30 Meals: 12 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Services of English-speaking Tour Manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit serene Wat Po, home of the astonishing giant Reclining Buddha, over 150 feet long
- Exploration of Yangon begins at the majestic hilltop 2,500-year-old Shwedagon Pagoda, the country's spiritual landmark
- Attend a special performance of the world-famous Myanmar Puppets
- Sunset Cruise along the Irrawaddy River in Bagan, with sweeping views of the city's glistening temples as the sun begins to set
- Stroll along Mandalay's 200 year-old U-Pein Bridge, the longest and oldest teak bridge in the world
- In Sagaing, see the peaceful vista of hundreds of white pagodas, including the impressive egg-shaped golden stupa at the Kaunghmudaw Pagoda
- Morning cruise on the Ayeyarwaddy River takes you to the monumental Mingun Temple with the world's largest ringing bell
- A "day off" from sightseeing in the popular getaway town of Pyin Oo Lwin, with its fragrant gardens and fresh fruit delights
- Board a ship that takes you on a full day exploration of Inle Lake's stilt-house villages of the Intha tribe and beautiful floating gardens
- Priceless "first-hand" experiences! Home-Hosted Lunch in Bagan and Cooking Class at the Thahara Inle Heritage, just for your group
Is This Trip Right for You?
This active program covers a good amount of ground each day. Expect from two to three hours walking on some touring days. A few early wake-ups, some at 3 or 4 am, as well as some long days 10-12 hours are necessary to cover the territory.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel overlooks the Chao Phraya River.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel has magnificent views of Inya Lake.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class resort is situated nearby the Irrawaddy River.Hotel Details
This first class hotel has magnificent views of Inle Lake.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
We had an excellent time. It was a "life experience" as we didn't know what to expect and were amazed at the poverty but beauty in Myanmar. I wanted to give a shout-out for our guide - Mojo. He was fantastic. He never stopped helping us out and kept things organized. We have been on a few Gate1 trips and in most cases there is a lead and a local guide. Mojo did both. In addition, he also ensured that at restaurants that the staff were informed as to what to do. He told me that the staff at restaurants don't always get the right training, so he took charge and made sure we were taken care of. I just wanted to make sure he was recognized because without him, the trip would not have been as enjoyable. We will definitely keep traveling with Gate1 as this is a great organization and the trips are fantastic!!!Heidi L. Austin, TX
We had a great trip! We had a very good tour manager, very knowledgeable local guides and a great group of people to travel with. We were thrilled at the opportunity to learn about and experience the rich history and culture of the places we visited. We enjoyed the hotels we stayed at, the accommodation at Luang Prabang was particularly impressive. We liked the experience of trying many different kinds of food with the exception of a few dishes. All in all, it was a very memorable trip.Soham D. San Carlos, CA
Burma was all that Kipling wrote about and more. Each day was an adventure, that will be a memory forever. Our guide "MoJo" was a bonus for us all, as his fountain of knowledge, pride in his country, was shared with a warm smile, and contagious laugh. The hotels in Myanmar were each special, and the Lotte will soon become a Grand Hotel like those in Banff & Jasper, Canada. Still recovering from 27 hour flight home...but wonderful memories dance in our heads.Earl M. Minneapolis, MN
It was fantastic! Indonesia is a fascinating country culturally, historically, geographically, gastronomically, and above all in hospitality. Gate 1 exceeded our expectations--our tour director Cika was a 15 on a 1 to 10 scale--what a resource for Indonesian cultural, historic, religious, political, and social/local customs. He takes great pride in his country and in representing Gate 1. Hotel in Ubud sat in the middle of rice patties and was the most beautiful and exotic place I've ever stayed. The group was very culturally diverse which added to the overall experience too. Gate 1 Discovery Tour experience set a new standard of excellence for us and we are hoping to visit Ireland in the Fall with a DT.Sue D. Stockton, CA
One of the best trips ever!!!!! I am planning on returning with my granddaughter. I want to mention our tour manager Mojo who was always on top of everything. I have only praises regarding this magic adventure, thank you Gate 1!Ana H. Coral Gables, FL
Excellent, in both Thailand and, especially, in Myanmar-Burma. Messrs. Mu and Mojo, our tour guides were superb and were great credits to Gate1/Discovery.Robert B. Tucson, AZ
The trip was wonderful, exciting and better than what we expected. You have an outstanding team who took excellent care of us and our fellow group members. We plan to take another Gate 1 trip next year.Ved V. Centennial, CO
It was great. Myanmar was a very interesting country and the Gate 1 tour guide, Parinya, was excellent.Janice L. Oklahoma City, OK
I just returned from the 12 days in Myanmar. It was by far the BEST trip I have ever taken. I have been on 12 foreign travels, 3 with Gate 1 and found the country, our fantastic guide, Kyai, the people, food and accommodations to all be outstanding. Kyai provided a wide range of sights, experiences and knowledge and he went out of his way several times to help one of our group members and to individualize the trip for us . I couldn't ask for a better overall experience and give Kyai much of the credit for our great comfort and care, especially during such a hot time of year. I loved this trip and give it 5 stars; will recommend it to anyone!!Vasantha C. Ventura, CA
The trip was excellent! Every phase of the trip from the airport to transfers and all of the sights, sounds and experiences in between exceeded my expectations. I was particularly impressed with Chan, our tour guide in Myanmar. She went above and beyond to ensure that our journey was an amazing experience. I will be leaving a full rave review within the next day for so. Great job again Gate 1!James J Jr. Pennington, NJ
Barbara, it was wonderful. Gate 1 went the extra mile to make this trip work out so well. They were all super hotels. Super guides, and very will priced (in fact, I don't know how they do it for theamount charged). I think, though, the really impressive thing was that during the days tour, there would be several times when we would need to have the services of another vehicle, or a boat, or some sort of conveyance. Yet, every time we had the additional transportation right there where they said they would be. It was great. There was no waiting, or wondering. The additional transportation was always there waiting for us. And we had a excellent guide. His English was quite good, and he gave us a lot of additional information. So let your people know that this was an excellent trip. Thanks for everything.Sterling L. Salt Lake Cty, UT