12 Day Israel, Ancient & Modern Culture
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Oct 13, 2017 & Save!
|2018 Dates & Prices||2018 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip international flights New York-Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Tel Aviv
- 1 night Haifa
- 2 nights Galilee
- 1 night Dead Sea
- 4 nights Jerusalem
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 17 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 6 dinners (including a home hosted lunch and farewell dinner)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions. Coffee and tea served with all meals.
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit Old Jaffa, the ancient port city known for its biblical links with Solomon, Jonah and St. Peter
- Walking tour in Tel Aviv highlights the splendid Bauhaus architecture, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Haifa, view the Baha'i Shrine and see the magnificent and serene Baha'i Gardens
- Descend by cable car to the magical underwater grottos and sea caves at Rosh Hanikra
- Enjoy wine tasting and a vineyard tour at a boutique hilltop winery in the Golan Heights
- Visit the Hula Valley Nature Reserve; view the multimedia presentation about this unique ecosystem
- Pamper yourself in the warm thermal pools or float in the waters of the Dead Sea
- On the fabled mountaintop of Masada, you'll be transported back in time to the days of King Herod
- Discover the "golden" city of Jerusalem, one of the oldest and holiest cities in the world
- Participate in the Temple Mount "Sifting Project" of ancient rubble dating back to the Temple period
- In Jerusalem, share a Sabbath Dinner with a family at their private home - a feast of local favorites!
- Attend a fabulous performance of the dramatic "Sound & Light Show" at David's Citadel
- Visit the Jerusalem Archaeological Park and Davidson Center offering a window into Jerusalem's glorious past
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located next to Independence Park and a short walk from the beach, the promenade and popular shopping.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated a short ten minute ride away from the Bahai Gardens.Hotel Details
This first class kibbutz is located in Upper Galilee, on the Jordan River. It has views of the Golan Heights, Upper Galilee mountains and Mt Hermon.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in Ein Bokek on the shores of the Dead Sea.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
On this excursion, you will leave the State of Israel and cross the border to the Palestinian Authority. You will leave your Israeli guide and driver on the Israeli side, and upon arriving into the West Bank, you will be met by your Palestinian tour guide who will accompany you on this tour to Bethlehem. Large groups will necessarily split into smaller groups utilizing local shuttle buses, which will take you to visit the Church of the Nativity, commemorating the birthplace of Jesus Christ, with many restoration projects instituted throughout the years. Presently the facade of the Church of the Nativity is encircled by the high walls of the three convents: the Franciscan on the northeast side, and the Greek Orthodox and the Armenian Orthodox on the southeast side. A shopping stop for local souvenirs and olive wood handicrafts, a principal source of local income, is included in the tour.
Please note that Bethlehem is located six miles south of Jerusalem in the West Bank and governed by the Palestinian National Authority.
The Church is currently undergoing renovations which are scheduled to continue through 2017. Expect to see scaffolding on parts of the structure, and as work is ongoing, there may be construction noise during normal visit hours.
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #10||01 Aug 2015 - 30 Apr 2019||$33.00|
Absolutely fantastic--the best ever. Gabi was particularly fabulous and really made the trip. I can't even think to say what part was the best. It was all so great.Mary S. Tybee Island, GA
My trip was very enjoyable learned lots and I could recommend it to other folks. Thanks.Kathi D. Surrey, CA
Thank you for the following up on our trip. The trip was fantastic! The itinerary is excellent and well planned. Our tour guide, Rotem was phenomenal. His presentation of the biblical, historical and present day events made this trip extremely memorable. We felt safe in all the places we visited. We liked everything and enjoyed every minute of our trip.Vladimir M. Baltimore, MD