14 Day Peruvian Legends
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Lima-Arequipa & Cuzco-Lima.
Passport numbers for all passengers must be submitted before documents can be issued.
Triples will be accommodated in a Suite at the Libertador Lago Titicaca.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 20 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip international flights Miami-Lima, Lima-Miami
Some departure dates may be offered from an alternate nearby airport. Check flight itinerary options when booking.
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Lima-Arequipa & Cuzco-Lima
- 13 nights in First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Lima
- 1 night Arequipa
- 2 nights Colca
- 2 nights Puno
- 2 nights Sacred Valley
- 3 nights Cuzco
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern motor coach
- 28 meals: 13 breakfasts, 7 lunches & 8 dinners
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- Vistadome train to Machu Picchu
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit the magnificent Larco Herrera Museum in Lima with its pre-Columbian masterpieces and stunning exhibition of gold and priceless jewels
- Stroll the cobbled streets of Arequipa and marvel at the superb examples of Spanish colonial architecture
- Travel to the dramatic Colca Canyon, thought to be twice as deep as the Grand Canyon -- view the flight of rare Andean condors
- Meet a humble Aymara family and learn about their farming methods, local customs, daily struggles and share a specially-prepared farm lunch
- Boat excursion to the fascinating floating Uros Islands where the indigenous people of the area - the Uros - live on tiny islands that dot the lake
- Stand in awe at the impressive Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo, the last stand of the Incas in their defense against the Spanish conquistadors
- Discover the crowning achievement of Inca ingenuity at the astonishing ancient citadel of Machu Picchu, the "Lost City of the Incas"
- Join a traditional Peruvian family for a delectable home-cooked dinner in their home along with an informative cultural exchange
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located nearby Parque Kennedy.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in Selva Alegre, just minutes from many tourist attractions.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated on the banks of the River Colca in the Colca Valley.Hotel Details
This Deluxe hotel is located on Esteves Island, overlooking Lake Titicaca.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located in the city center near to many historic monuments and cultural attractions.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Journey outside the city to the incredible hillside fortress of Sacsayhuaman. The site is protected by a trio of colossal walls that zigzag alongside each other for more than 1000 feet. From the air, the complex resembles the head of a puma. Later, stop at Kenko, a holy place (huaca) where sacrifices were once held. While here, gain insight into the workings of a shaman (holy man) and tap your foot to the rhythms of a Peruvian panpipe during a private performance. Next, learn about local cuisine during a chef-led cooking class -- enjoy the results of your creation for lunch. End the day at the Almudena cemetery where you learn about local burial customs.
Details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 8 hours.
|Day #12||21 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017||$109.00|
|01 Jan 2018 - 15 Jan 2019||$109.00|
Was one of the most memorable trips we have ever taken. Our tour guide Rolly was wonderful. Have never been on a tour before & highly recommend if going to Peru to see the highlights this is the way to go & Gate 1 Discovery is incredible.Beverly P. Fernandina, FL
Our trip was fabulous. Pavel, our guide, was the best resource that we ever could have wished for. He gave us so many opportunities to learn about the culture and to meet local people. Keep him happy! He is your best asset in Peru.Kathleen R. Cobourg, Canada
The Peru trip was wonderful. Machu Picchu is amazing and magical place. We had tremendously good, caring and empathetic guide, Jesus.Elena P. Chula Vista, CA
The trip was fabulous -- everything was so well organized and our accommodations were lovely! Our tour manager -- Rogger -- was a really great guy. I loved the small group and will definitely travel with you guys again! I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.Bonita G. Amarillo, TX
I have so many great things to say about this trip, I don't even know where to begin! First of all, our guide Rene- the best!! I've traveled to many places and I've had many guides, but he is by far one of the best, most compassionate and knowledgable tour guides I've ever had. He made us feel like family. The nature of the Discovery Tour was fantastic. I have traveled with Gate 1 before, and I loved how Discovery went off the typical tourist path and we were able to discover things we otherwise wouldn't have been able to in a larger group. From having lunch and dinner with local families, visiting the school, everything felt very personal and I don't think I've ever interacted with so many locals on a vacation. Amazing trip! Wish I were still there!Louis P. Miami Lakes, FL
We had a great trip, a great guide and wonderful hotels and so much to see. And, as always with travel, we learned a lot about the People and their history.Allen C. Tuckahoe, NJ
It was an amazing trip. We've experienced a lot during it. We enjoyed all the services provided by Gate 1 and for sure will have more trips with your company. We've also told the members in the group about our other Gate 1 trips and they expressed will continue to go with Gate 1 in the future too.Cicely Z. Vienna, VA
The trip was great and the best salesperson that Gate 1 has is your tour guide Renée. He is absolutely the best we have ever had and we have definitely had several. And he displays tremendous loyalty and convinces you that he is proud to be a member of the team. He's the best! We will definitely consider Gate 1 again.Connie, Glasgow, KY
We had the most wonderful time and would not hesitate to recommend Gate 1 to anyone planning a similar trip! Everything about the trip was perfection - from the country itself and all the amazing "discoveries", to the weather, to the beautiful hotels and our excellent guide Edgar (the last Inca!!) Gate 1 is also to be commended for its commitment to Peruvian education - we had a delightful visit at a kindergarten supported by Gate 1. Thank you again for providing us with such a wonderful experience!Bill, Clearwater, FL
Our Discovery Trip to Peru was awesome. Our guide Washington Farfan is simply the best. He was very friendly, helpful, entertaining, and he certainly knew his stuff. Our other guide Abel, was wonderful too. Abel went above and beyond what we expected him to do for us. This was our first trip with Gate 1 Discovery Tours, and I am sure it won't be our last. I loved all the extra things we got to do because our group was small.Linda, Mascoutah, IL
The trip could not have been better - we got to see all the mystical ancient spots in Peru! Traveling in a small group of 16 really gave us the flexibility to go places large groups could not, such as visiting families in their home and enjoying meals prepared by them. The hotels and restaurants were all 4 star. But what really made this tour so enjoyable was the organization, knowledge and humor of our tour manager and guide, Washington. I am a travel agent and will highly recommend Discovery Tours, and hope you can expand the itineraries you offer!Kathleen, Redwood Valley, CA
The trip was terrific - we will travel with Discovery in the future. Almost all of our meals were outstanding and the hotels were top notch! The days were filled with activities and adventures, and our guides were great.Leonard, Oregon, WI
Overall, the trip was so fun, so perfectly planned and executed, I was really impressed. Everyone else also had a great time. I really liked the small group, as you got to know all the other travelers. The hotels were wonderful as was the food and activities. Edgar was a great leader / babysitter / teacher / friend and he really made it a great experience. There were no problems - hotel check-ins, meals, tours and everything else were all really well planned and executed. Activities were also fun, always something to see and do. I really enjoyed the home visits, the home dinner in Cusco and the home lunch in Puno. It was a lot of fun just driving around the countryside in that small bus, down dirt roads, and stopping to meet people just walking around.Fred, Sherman Oaks, CA
The tour was great. We enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a right mix of sight seeing,immersion in culture, learning & tasting local cuisine.Satya, Albuquerque, NM