18 Day Himalayan Kingdoms: Nepal & Bhutan
Air & Land
Prices do not include optional tours, visa fees and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Kathmandu-Chitwan, Pokhara-Kathmandu, Kathmandu-Paro & Paro-Kathmandu.
Triple Rooms are not available in Bhutan.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip international flights New York-Kathmandu, Kathmandu-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Kathmandu-Chitwan, Pokhara-Kathmandu, Kathmandu-Paro & Paro-Kathmandu
- 16 nights accommodations
- 5 nights Kathmandu
- 2 nights Chitwan National Park
- 2 nights Pokhara
- 3 nights Thimphu
- 1 night Punakha
- 3 nights Paro
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 41 meals: 16 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 13 dinners (including 2 home hosted dinners, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions. Bottled water, coffee, and tea with all meals
- Services of English-speaking tour managers throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit Durban Square, the ancient palace of Hanuman Dhoka and the Temple of Kumari in Kathmandu
- Marvel at the Buddhist Stupa of Swayambhunath, designated a World Heritage Site
- Travel to medieval Bhaktapur, known as the "City of Devotees," dating back to the 13th century
- Spiritual journey to the World Heritage Site of Pashupatinath, a world-famous Hindu shrine
- Spend 3 days at a Jungle Resort in Chitwan National Park, adjacent to the Indian Tiger Reserve
- At Chitwan National Park, enjoy an elephant safari, canoe/boat ride on the river and visit to a Tharu village
- Tour the Pokhara Valley with its natural wonders including cascading Devi's Falls
- In ancient Patan, "city of fine arts," tour the square filled with Hindu Temples and Buddhist monuments
- Travel to the spiritual mountain kingdom of Bhutan with its extraordinary scenery and striking monasteries
- In Thimphu, a blend of old and new, observe monks serenely strolling in their crimson robes
- Join Buddhists performing their daily rituals at the whitewashed National Memorial Chorten
- Drive to Punakha, ancient capital of Bhutan, pausing to view the astounding snow-clad peaks of Bhutan
- Visit Punakha Dzong, the most beautiful dzong in Bhutan with its towering whitewashed walls
- Choose to hike to the world-famous "Tiger’s Nest" on the face of a sheer cliff above the Paro Valley
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is centrally located in Kathmandu.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel has magnificent views of Chitwan National Park.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located nearby Fewa Lake.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is a ten minute drive away from the city center of Thimphu.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Enjoy an early morning flight on a small aircraft, with a window seat, for an hour of spectacular scenery over the tallest mountain peak on earth. You will be able to view some of the most incredible, and famous sights that Nepal has to offer. This is weather permitting so tour might be delayed or an alternative day may be scheduled.
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #3||20 Jan 2016 - 30 Nov 2017||$275.00|
This morning you will have the chance to do some exploring off the beaten path near the outskirts of the Kathmandu valley. We start out in Dhulikhel, an ancient town located about 20 miles east of Kathmandu city. We’ll hike among the rolling green hills, admiring the mountains stretching into the distance and traditional architecture that dots the area around this historic trading center along the old commercial route linking Nepal to Tibet. Along the way we’ll climb up to Devi Temple and stop at Shanti Ban, a serene forest that is home to a giant statue of Gautama Buddha. Our morning trek ends in Panauti village, a traditional Newar settlement rich in rural character. Here we will see a number of temples, including Indreshwar Mahadev Temple dedicated to Shiva and Bhairav Temple, along the idyllic, brick-paved streets lined with magnificent carved rest houses and stupas.
Please be advised this tour will involve 2-3 hours of walking and hiking over potentially rough, uneven terrain and a climb of 1000 steps with a brief break. Approximate tour duration is 5 hours.
|Day #17||01 Sep 2016 - 10 Nov 2017||$69.00|
The guides and their teams in both Nepal and Bhutan were phenomenal- dedicated, tireless and caring. Don't change anything. The highlight for me was meeting the female Sherpa, Maya and I will be looking for a trek to base camp. Everything was exceptional. Bhutan exceeded my dreams and I hope to go back and see more of the country. One of the finest trips of my life and as I am well traveled I believe I know what I am talking about! Thank you.Angelica F. Woodland Hls, CA