11 Day Mexico's Mayan & Aztec Illumination
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Zika Virus - Passengers are recommended to visit www.cdc.gov/zika/ for current information. CDC advises pregnant women to avoid travel to the countries visited in this itinerary.
Triple rooms consist of two double/queen beds for three persons; where available, a fee may be charged by the hotel for the addition of a cot/rollaway.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Miami-Cancun, Mexico City-Miami
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights accommodations
- 1 night Cancun
- 1 night Chichén Itzá
- 2 nights Merida
- 1 night Campeche
- 2 nights Palenque
- 1 night Veracruz
- 2 nights Mexico City
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern motor coach
- 22 meals: 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 6 dinners (including Welcome and Farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Exploration of the Yucatan begins at Ek Balam, one of the largest Mayan ruins in Mexico
- In magical Valladolid, stroll the picturesque square with its rows of colorful historic buildings
- Tour the wondrous ancient ruins of Chichén Itzá, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- View the distinctive architecture of Merida at the ornate 15th century Casa Montejo
- Enjoy hospitality, a home-cooked dinner and conversation with a local family in Merida
- At the dramatic archaeological site of Uxmal, view the pyramids and temples from 600 AD
- Watch weavers create pliable straw hats called jipijapas right before your eyes in Becal
- Tour Campeche, a colonial city with baroque Spanish architecture and a walled historic district
- Visit the astonishing soaring jungle swathed temples of Palenque, a national treasure!
- In Villa Hermosa, visit the intriguing park with giant 12-feet Olmec heads from La Venta
- At the romantic plaza in Veracruz see strolling jarochos, guitarists and marimba bands
- Enjoy gorgeous views of the cathedral, beautiful churches and colonial buildings in Puebla
- Enjoy all of the delights of buzzing Mexico City one of the most vivacious cities in Latin America
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel overlooks the Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located amidst the temples of Chichen Itza.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located in the city of Merida, nearby the Teatro Peon Contreras.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the historic city centre of Campeche.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is a short drive away from the archaeological site of Palenque.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated nearby the Veracruz Cathedral.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Our trip was just great, very informative, we enjoyed every moment. The (Pyramids) temples as they call them were a new experience for us, the food was different then we are use to ,but good, the accommodations were a joy, the weather can not be beat in Mexico . Anyhow we did stay a extra 4 nights in Mexico City and enjoyed even more of this fantastic City and culture, I bet we did enjoyed the City more than our fellow travelers because we had more time …..the tour guide was tremendous a great help to everyone and so courteous and friendly, We had the opportunity to do the “Copper Canyon “tour last year also with Bonifacio as our tour guide and had the same great experience, we certainly would recommend Gate 1 to anyone for a Mexican experience .Josiane D. Ontario, Canada
10 out of 10. Wonderful. More than I expected. All tour guides were good. Your guide was exceptional among the exception managers I have had. Very well done.Gerald C. Lilburn, GA
The tour guide, Bacho, was excellent. Hotel accommodations were fine, food was excellent at all locations. I thought the tour was well worth the money and would recommend it to other people interested in the archaeology of Mexico.Douglas B. Winona, MO