12 Day Japan, Then & Now
Air & Land
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers should select flights that arrive in Narita Airport no later than 4 pm in order not to miss the welcome dinner and trip briefing.
Aug 30, Sep 20 & Nov 15 departures will be accommodated at Hotel Monterey Hanzomon in Tokyo.
Oct 18, Nov 1, Nov 8 and Nov 22 departures will be accommodated at Associa Takayama Resort in Takayama.
Hotel rooms in Japan cannot comfortably accommodate 3 adults; therefore, a double, plus a single room configuration should be purchased.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights Los Angeles-Tokyo, Osaka-Los Angeles
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 4 nights Tokyo
- 1 night Kaga
- 1 night Takayama
- 4 nights Kyoto
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 19 meals: 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- Services of local English-speaking Tour Manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Tour dazzling Tokyo, a city of ancient traditions coupled with state-of-the-art technology
- Culinary demonstration led by a professional chef -- learn the art of creating sushi and sashimi
- Visit the serene Meiji Shrine honoring the first Emperor of modern Japan and his Empress
- A day of breathtaking natural scenery as you drive to the National Park of Hakone and Mt. Fuji
- Board the famous Shinkansen, or "bullet train" that takes you to Kanazawa on the Noto Peninsula
- Travel to the UNESCO site of Shirakawa-go, known for its village of gassho-zukuri farmhouses
- In Kagaonsen, stay at a traditional Ryokan (inn) and dress in an authentic kimono
- A walking tour of Takayama’s historic district reveals its traditions dating back to the 9th century
- Discover enchanting Kyoto, founded in the 7th century, one of the early capitals of Japan
- Visit Kyoto’s Nijo Castle, residence of Shoguns, and the magnificent gilded Golden Pavilion
- Experience the cultural heritage of Kyoto at a traditional Tea Ceremony at the Gesshin-in Temple
- Dinner and traditional Maiko (Geisha) dance performance reflects the core of Japanese culture
- Travel to the Imperial capital of Nara, with eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This superior first class hotel is located on Odaiba island.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated a short walk away from the Hanzomon subway station.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel overlooks Lake Shibayama.Hotel Details
This first class resort has spectacular views of the Japanese Alps.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Everything about the trip was wonderful!! I think I like the small groups in Discovery Tours rather than the 45 people in a larger tour, and it's easier to navigate on the tours with a small group. The hospitality, respect, daily tours, our guide ('Yumi') the variety of places we visited....on and on....were all great! It's a trip to be remembered and cherished.Susan L. Bronx, NY
Good morning, as always we had an awesome trip, the places where we were taken in Japan were incredible, really nice tour guide and an awesome tour group. Looking forward for our next tour to Morocco. Thanks for helping us get to know the world!!Maritza R. Davie, FL