12 Day Italy, La Dolce Vita!
Air & Land
Prices do not include optional tours, and gratuities for guides/tour managers. Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
May 14 and Sept 17 departures will be accommodated at the Ambasciatori Palace in Rome.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights: New York-Venice, Rome-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Venice
- 3 nights Florence
- 4 nights Rome
- Italian city hotel taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 16 meals: 10 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions. Bottled water, coffee, and tea with all meals
- Wine is included with lunch and dinners
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Walking tour of St. Mark’s Square in Venice, with its extraordinary treasures and architectural wonders
- Experience an Insider's Venice Walking Tour that will take you "off the beaten path"
- Discover the delightful islands of the Venice Lagoon, including Murano, Burano and Torcello, the first settlement in the Lagoon
- Shop like a native in a local market and then prepare a delectable home-cooked Italian meal with lessons from the chef of a restaurant in the countryside
- Celebrate the beauty of Florence at the Accademia of Fine Arts, where Michelangelo's David is housed
- Experience the monumental grandeur of this ancient city built on seven hills: the legendary Roman Forum & the mighty Colosseum
- Visit the Vatican Museum and Michelangelo's incomparable Sistine Chapel
- Explore the grand piazzas of the Eternal City of Rome, jewels of Baroque and Renaissance styles and a picturesque mirror of the true Roman lifestyle
- Visit Ostia Antica, the well-preserved harbor city of ancient Rome
- Visit the Palazzo Colonna, one of the oldest and largest private palaces of Rome, and the preserved Apartment of Princess Isabelle
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
*Due to Religious events, the opening times of St. Peter Basilica are subject to change without notice. In these events, clients will visit the Vatican Library instead of the Basilica.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Venice, just a short walk from Saint Mark's Square.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located about a twenty minute drive from the historic center of Florence.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is well located on the exclusive Via Veneto close the National Gallery of Ancient Art, the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in the heart of historic Rome adjacent to the Forum.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
One of the highlights of any Italian holiday! Enjoy a relaxing gondola ride with music along the famous Grand Canal, and experience a piece of Venetian history. Glide along the centuries old canals, past lavish palaces and under famous arched bridges (the Gondola holds a maximum of six passengers. Please note that this is not a private gondola ride. There will be one musician on board of one of the gondolas in your fleet).
Pick-up details to be advised locally.
|Day #3||01 Dec 2016 - 30 Apr 2017||$49.00|
|01 May 2017 - 31 May 2018||$56.00|
Enjoyed our trip, Georgio was an excellent tour director & organized our stay & tours well. He informed us of our schedules in a timely manner. The itinerary was great with diverse activities including tours of churches, palaces, winery & cooking session which we perfect. Liked the small group. All tour guides were passionate, knowledgable about their area & made it interesting. Walking tours gave us a good experience in towns.Rekha G. Uppr Marlboro, MD
Just wanted to let you know what an amazing trip we had to Italy. We loved the "La Dolce Vita" trip! This was truly the trip of a lifetime for us. I would also like to praise our tour guide, Anna, who was excellent, professional, and went above and beyond to make our trip special. We would use Gate 1 again for future travel, and have already recommended this trip to friends!Cynthia, Schwenksville, PA
The trip was great, our tour guide, Nicolette, was very professional, very organized, kept us on track and overall a superior tour guide/coordinator. I thought the tour was nicely balanced with special events such as the cooking class, the winery visit and meal, and all of the local guided tours. We had free time, plus we saw so much. Hotels were nice particularly in Florence and Rome, nice properties. Our group was small, which really worked out well. I would recommended this Discovery Tour as a very good introduction to Italy.Ruth, Walnut Creek, CA
Our trip was fabulous. Our tour guides were all knowledgeable and interesting. Loved the cooking day and the local market in Florence. Looking forward for our next trip!Sandra, Huntington Beach, CA
My wife and I had a marvelous trip. We plan to use Gate 1 in the near future. Kudos to our tour manager, Francesca, a real pro!Melecio, San Francisco, CA
Our trip was great and we really enjoyed it--the small tour was good because we saw some things outside the big cities that we would not have seen on our own and visited some regions of Italy we had always wanted to visit. Our tour guide, Mercedes was very professional and did a great job as well as our bus driver Dauro. The local guides were also good so it was a great experience that I am sure we will want to repeat in another tour. Thanks for your help!Elberta, Victoria, TX
Our Dolce Vita Italy trip was wonderful. The destinations were outstanding. We are seasoned travelers, so we were looking for other less mainstream destinations. This was exactly what we were looking for! The places we stayed were really great with great food and wine which is one of the reasons we go to Italy. The itinerary was excellent!! Mercedes, our guide, is a very savvy veteran who is a very caring person. She worked very hard to make sure everything was the best it could be. The group size of 18 was perfect. This was such a good trip.Sheldon, Clancy, MT
The trip was fabulous! Each thing we did was better than the last. Italy is simply stunning! The Florence hotel in Fiesole was the best. Tour size of 20 was perfect - we were all friends by the end, and it was a good size group for all the tours. Our tour guide, Flavia Sciubba, was wonderful! Again, thanks for all your help. We will definitely be back!Paula, Wichita, KS
Our trip to Italy was a beautiful journey. We have grown in many ways, not only in belt sizes. We are filled with gratitude to have experienced their La dolce vita. We all tried to capture these wonderful moments through pictures. None will justify the simplicity of Tuscan way of life; surreal beauty Venice; intricate architecture of Florence: calmness in the hills of Fiesole; seeing fresco painting from year 1000; overwhelming feeling as we stood in front of masterpieces of Michelangelo, DaVinci, Botticelli; excitement while cooking in historian Machiavelli's house; strong smell of pecorino cheese in small streets of Pienza; stepping in the original stone paths of roman gladiators in the Colosseum - as Italy is something to be seen and felt in person. We all left parts of us back there. Any of this couldn't have been possible without Gate 1, for that I am always thankful.Ishrat, Jamaica, NY