15 Day Indonesia: Java & Bali
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Jakarta-Surakarta & Yogyakarta-Denpasar.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights Los Angeles-Jakarta, Denpasar-Los Angeles
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Jakarta-Surakarta & Yogyakarta-Denpasar
- 13 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Jakarta
- 2 nights Surakarta
- 3 nights Yogyakarta
- 3 nights Ubud
- 3 nights Sanur
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 29 meals: 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 7 dinners with wine (including a home-hosted dinner with a Balinese family and farewell dinner)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Tour Jakarta's ancient roots at the National Museum, one of the finest in Southeast Asia
- Visit Surakarta's Sangiran Museum and view a fascinating multimedia presentation
- Visit the Sukuh Temple one of Java’s most enigmatic and striking temples on Mount Lawu
- At the Kemuning Tea Plantation, savor excellent varieties of teas at the Tea House
- In Yogyakarta visit the spectacular 9th century Prambanan Temple complex
- Admire the awe-inspiring Temple of Borobudur, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- A pony-drawn carriage takes you to the Temples of Plaosan with their remarkable carvings
- Stay in Ubud, cultural center of Bali, inspiration for painters and writers around the world
- Visit the astonishing Jatiluwih rice fields, named a UNESCO Cultural Landscape
- Exclusive invitation to join a Balinese family in their home for home hospitality and dinner
- Refine your culinary skills at a Balinese cooking class demonstrated by a local Chef
- Attend a rollicking performance of Barong, a well-known Balinese traditional dance
- Astonishing views await you at Tanah Lot, a temple perched atop a seaside rock
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend 2-3 hours on our feet during tours. Some of our tours require walking over uneven surfaces, many steps or up and down steep slopes. We hike on moderate to difficult terrain. We have many early mornings. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking or who have heart conditions.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the business triangle of West Jakarta.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is centrally located in the city of Surakarta.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located within walking distance of the historic and cultural districts.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located amidst tropical grounds in Bali’s Ubud area.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
I was very happy with the trip to Indonesia, All the arrangements were great. The Tour Director Mr. Awan was very good, knowledgeable and helpful. He and his assistant Mr. V.D.were always ready to answer our questions. They really took good care of all of us especially those who got sick during the tour. Indonesia is a beautiful country and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.Michael L. Houston, TX
The trip to Java and Bali was great, from tour guides to accommodations, sights and people. Most memorable events were the visit of the Temple of Borobudur in Yogyakarta and the trekking at the rice terraces in Ubud.Godofredo D. Rowland Hts, CA
The trip was amazing!!!!!! So many great memories! Bali was the highlight of it all including the trip to the local elementary school! I can't wait for my next Gate 1 trip!Boguslawa G. Rockway Bch, NY
We had a great vacation to Java and Bali. My wife and I and our two teenage sons enjoyed it a lot! The people of Indonesia were very friendly and welcoming to us. We always felt very safe. Everything was well organized with very good itinerary, hotels, meals, flights and transfers. With only 10 people in our group it felt as if we had a semi private tour. Edy, our tour director, was very professional and patient making sure all our needs were taken care off. All other local guides, drivers and assistants were very helpful, knowledgeable and hardworking. This was our third Gate 1 tour and we will definitely consider your company in the future.Ilya F. Longwood, FL
The trip was great. It was our 6th trip with Gate 1, first with Discovery Tours. All of them were very good, but this one was exceptional. People in the group were very nice and friendly, maybe an advantage of a small group. The itinerary was very well organized, we saw a lot but had enough free time to relax at a swimming pool. The country itself, temples, museums, food, people, landscapes are very impressive and exotic. Hotels were really amazing. What allowed us to enjoy and appreciate each minute of each day was our tour manager A-Wan, who was excellent - good English, knowledgeable, broadly educated, caring and friendly. We thank him very much.Alexander K. Bloomington, IN
Our trip was the best one ever! Our trip was amazingly wonderful, over the top splendid in every way! The people were lovely, places fabulous, our guides went over beyond every time, our food was great, the itinerary awesome, the hotels amazing, the weather was extremely cooperative, the many extras made our days special, the entire trip was tops! Both my husband and I plus all the people on our journey were bowled over by the incredible experiences of this remarkable journey! There are a number of people who saw our photos posted on Facebook asking about this itinerary. It was a joy to send them the info. It was sheer luck that you offered a special deal last week that included air for possible travelers. We are keeping our eyes peeled for further choices in the coming year. Pity both the Antarctica and Japan were sold out, but we are signed for South Africa in September and Burma in May!Firdeal B. New Orleans, LA
We had a wonderful time in Indonesia. Our tour manager A-Wan was excellent. Indonesia is a diverse and fascinating country with much culture and nature. Our experience on this trip is above our expectations.Chi-Ming H.
It was wonderful. From the very beginning when we landed, Gate 1 was there to pick us up. All the hotels were excellent, so was the food. Our tour director Maureen was terrific along with Pat our driver. The welcome dinner complete with drinks was enjoyed and our excursions (lunch at a working farm, poetry lunch, boat ride, castle dinner, dinner with music and Irish storytelling) were most enjoyable as were our tour guides for various other places we visited. We lucked out with the weather . The only downside is the short time allowance for visiting certain historical places but the positive things we did much outweighed the one shortcoming of the trip. To sum up - a vacation of a lifetime!!!!!Arlene S. Southampton, PA