18 Day India & Bhutan, Tradition & Majesty
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|To book this package, please contact one of our reservation agents at 1-877-900-9777.|
Prices do not include optional tours, India visa fees, Bhutan visa fees and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights New Delhi-Paro & Paro-New Delhi.
Triple Rooms at Trident Jaipur will be accommodated in a Single Room & Twin Room.
Triple Rooms are not available in Bhutan.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip international flights New York-New Delhi, New Delhi-New York
Other departure cities available. Please click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: New Delhi-Paro & Paro-New Delhi
- 16 nights accommodations
- 4 nights New Delhi
- 2 nights Agra
- 2 nights Jaipur
- 1 night Samode
- 3 nights Thimphu
- 1 night Punakha
- 3 nights Paro
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 39 meals: 16 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 13 dinners with wine (including a home hosted dinner, welcome dinner & farewell dinner)
- Bottled water provided during sightseeing excursions
- Services of English-speaking tour managers throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals
- Drive past the India Gate War Memorial in New Delhi
- See the sandstone Qutab Minar Victory Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the astonishing Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a symbol of India's rich history
- Ascend to spectacular Amber Fort with its gorgeous Palace of Mirrors
- Attend an elegant gala dinner in Samode, filled with delectable local specialties and great entertainment
- Enjoy a visit to the Gandhi Smriti, the official residence and a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi
- Travel to the spiritual mountain kingdom of Bhutan with its extraordinary scenery and striking monasteries
- In Thimphu, a blend of old and new, observe monks serenely strolling in their crimson robes
- Join Buddhists performing their daily rituals at the whitewashed National Memorial Chorten
- Drive to Punakha, ancient capital of Bhutan, pausing to view the astounding snow-clad peaks of Bhutan
- Visit Punakha Dzong, the most beautiful dzong in Bhutan with its towering whitewashed walls
- Choose to hike to the world-famous Tiger's Nest monastery on the face of a sheer cliff above the Paro Valley
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is strategically situated amidst the Diplomatic Enclave of New Delhi.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is centrally located in the main tourist district of Agra.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is beautifully located overlooking Mansagar Lake opposite Jal Mahal Lake Palace.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the former private garden retreat of the Samode royal family.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is about a 30 minute drive away from the city center of New Delhi.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is a ten minute drive away from the city center of Thimphu.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The Kalakriti Theater is the venue for this vibrant dance drama depicting a 16th century Mughal era love story that defines the Taj Mahal. Watch and listen (in a choice of languages by headset) as Shah Jahan and Queen Mumtaz Mahal profess their love for one another, and he creates the Taj Mahal in her memory. You will see the most realistic replica of the monument existing today. Animated action, brilliant costumes and powerfully resonant vocal performances. Best for those tenacious and would enjoy resounding vocals in local parlance.
Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
|Day #4||01 Sep 2016 - 30 Apr 2017||$29.00|
|01 Aug 2017 - 31 Dec 2017||$29.00|
Had a great time. The guide, driver and his helper were all great. Gate 1 personnel were at the airport to greet me and the driver and assistant on the way back were there on time and were very courteous. The sites were incredible and the hotels were amazing. I really learned a great deal about S. India's country, its culture, religion and people. I would recommend this trip to any seasoned traveller that hasn't visited India. Thank you, Gate 1, for putting together such a comprehensive trip and for executing the plans so professionally.Janice K. Newport Beach, CA
Our trip was fantastic. Our fellow travelers made it extra special. This is my 2nd trip with Gate 1 and I'm pleased with the level of service . Our tour guide, Sushila, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the history of all the sites we visited we visited. We will definitely travel with Gate 1 again.Lallbachan S. Ocoee, FL
Back home after an amazing trip to South India. Hotels, meals, entertainment and our tour manager were excellent. I am looking forward to my next trip in January to Myanmar. I am a very satisfied customer, congrats to Gate 1 for providing excellence.Ana H. Coral Gables, FL