14 Day France & Spain: History, Culture & Wine
Air & Land
|France & Spain: History, Culture & Wine|
|Sercotel Gran Hotel Conde Duque||Madrid|
|NH Collection Villa de Bilbao||Bilbao|
|Chateau Grand Barrail Hotel||Saint-Émilion|
|Au Grand Hotel de Sarlat Pavilon Selves||Sarlat|
|Plaza Madeleine Hotel & Spa||Sarlat|
|Hotel de la Cite Carcassonne - MGallery Collection||Carcassonne|
|Hotel des Trois Couronnes||Carcassonne|
|Renaissance Barcelona Hotel||Barcelona|
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours, and gratuities for guides/ tour managers.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Apr 12, Apr 26, May 10, Aug 23 & Oct 11 departures will be accommodated at Sercotel Coliseo in Bilbao.
May 3 departure will be accommodated at Hotel de la Cite Carcassonne in Carcassonne.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights New York-Madrid, Barcelona-New York
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Madrid
- 2 nights Bilbao
- 2 nights St. Emilion
- 2 nights Sarlat
- 1 night Carcassonne
- 3 nights Barcelona
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges including Barcelona city taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 21 meals: 12 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 7 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- Wine, coffee, and tea served with all meals
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit the renowned Prado Museum - stand before masterpieces by Goya and El Greco
- Tour a traditional Spanish winery and cellar in the Rioja region and enjoy a wine tasting
- In the Basque city of Bilbao, visit the inspirational and glittering Guggenheim Museum
- Visit the stunning seaside resort of San Sebastian, called the "Pearl" of northern Spain
- Stay at a Chateau in the countryside near the UNESCO World Heritage village of St. Emilion
- Specially arranged wine tasting at a local vineyard of fabulous Bordeaux wines
- Travel to the exquisite pilgrimage site at Rocamadour, set precariously into limestone cliffs
- Visit the impressive fortified walled city of Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In the Catalonian city of Figueres, visit the Dali Theatre-Museum, designed by the artist
- Visit Gaudi's masterpiece, the unfinished fanciful La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in Madrid's city center close to major attractions.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is centrally located in Bilbao.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the center of Bilbao.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is a short drive away from the town of Saint-Émilion.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the commune of Sarlat.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in Sarlat.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located in the heart of the medieval fortified city of Carcassonne.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is about a ten minute walk away from Carcassonne's medieval city.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Toledo is a "Museum City" of great artistic beauty. Former capital of Spain and one of the oldest cities in Europe, Toledo has magnificent examples of architecture from different periods, making it one of the leading artistic cities of the country. In Toledo visit the most famous monuments, such as St. Tome Church, which houses El Greco's 'The Burial of Count Orgaz" and the Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue. Also admire its famous hand-crafted work, the "Damasquinado."
|Day #3||02 Jan 2017 - 15 Apr 2018||$65.00|
The trip was wonderful! We thought that Lisa, tour manager, was exceptional-extremely knowledgeable, helpful, fun to be with. We enjoyed the small group size (only 14 people) and the accommodations and included meals were great. The city guides were extremely knowledgeable and fun and we learned a lot from them. We had been to Barcelona before but the Barcelona guide gave us additional insights into the city. We have already recommended the trip to friends, who plan on taking it next May. We would love to do another Gate 1 Discovery tour-we are especially interested in Sicily if you offer one there. We look forward to traveling with you again.Carole W. Potomac, MD
This was a great tour of spain and france. Ivan was an excellent tour director.David G. Lakewood, CO