12 Day Discover Northern France
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip international flights New York-Paris, Paris-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Paris
- 2 nights Normandy
- 1 night St. Malo
- 2 nights Loire Valley
- 2 nights Versailles
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 19 meals: 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 6 dinners with wine (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions. Coffee and tea with all meals. Wine is included with lunch and dinner
- Services of local English-speaking Tour Manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit the remarkable Louvre Museum, home of the Mona Lisa and other celebrated masterpieces.
- Travel to the Champagne region to enjoy tastings of this expensive bubbly delight.
- Visit the magnificent Reims Cathedral, where French Kings have been crowned.
- Tour the home of Claude Monet in Giverny, one of the world’s greatest impressionist painters; view the tranquil gardens that inspired his masterpieces.
- Experience the American Cemetery on Omaha Beach, resting place of thousands of U.S. troops. Salute their bravery.
- Meet a World War II historian who helps you gain a greater understanding about D-Day and the Normandy beaches.
- Visit the WWII Memorial Museum, a stirring monument to peace, with its detailed chronology of events that took place in this region.
- Visit iconic Mont St. Michel, magnificently rising from the sea on a mighty rock.
- View the 400 foot long Apocalypse Tapestry, that depicts more than 70 scenes from the Book of Revelation, in Angers.
- Visit the elegant Chateau de Chenonceau, a jewel of Renaissance architecture.
- Dine in a Troglodyte Cave, cut into the face of a cliff - a very unique experience.
- At the Royal Chateau of Amboise, visit the chapel’s memorial to Leonardo da Vinci.
- View the fairy tale Chambord Castle, the Loire’s largest Chateau, built in the 16th century by King François I.
- In Chartres visit the world-famous Gothic cathedral, considered the greatest in France.
- Enter the Palace of Versailles to see the lavish apartments of King Louis 14th and the extravagant Hall of Mirrors.
- Walk through the amazing Versailles Gardens and view the spectacular musical fountains.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the city center of Paris.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the English Channel.Hotel Details
This first class hotel has splendid sea views.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in the village of Saint-Patrice.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Had a great time. Everything went smoothly and the tour was great. Lara was an excellent tour guide and extremely helpful.Ronald R. Winder, GA
Absolutely amazing. Our guide, Laura, was exceptional her attention to detail was incredible, for example when we were at the National Cemetery I thought , I wish I had bought a flower to place on a grave, and what did she have for each person in our tour, a rose. I could go on and on with examples such as this. The planning, scheduling, and visit locations prepared by Gate1 could not have been better. Lodging perfect, restaurant selections delicious, tour and sightseeing locations spot one. The only thing I might suggest is instead of two nights in Versailles perhaps one night, tour the palace and relocate the last night back in Paris, since all of us had to make our way back to the city for departures to other locations. Also, our last dinner held at the oldest restaurant in Paris was in the city. Great job to Gate1 and Laura. We will definitely book another small group tour. BTW your help was outstanding as well. Our flights were perfect and I was appreciative of the prompt response to my questions prior to our trip.Cynthia A. Torrance, CA
It was a trip of a lifetime! Incredible itinerary, phenomenal guide, great accommodations, and delicious food! We will be traveling with you next year.Jerod C. Wilmington, NC
Our trip was wonderful. As usual, Gate 1 did a great job of planning and initiating the tour. Our guide, Patrick, was knowledgeable and helpful. Our tour group couldn't be beat. The highlight for me as a professional trumpet player was having the opportunity to play "Taps" at the American cemetery in Normandy, France. Thanks for your help and thanks for asking.Paul R. Eustis, FL
Our tour in Northern France was fabulous. We had a small group of 10 who all got along and got to know each other well. Our director - Edo - was really good, as was our driver - Frank. Edo kept us constantly informed of our planned activity, gave us great historical background on each site, developed great relationships with each traveler and entertained us. My wife and I were the oldest and slowest in our group; Edo was very sensitive to this and made sure we could keep up with everyone. Our provided meals were all wonderful as was the wine. The hotels were of high quality and were well located. We chose the trip because of the itinerary. Our tour in Northern France was great, better than we expected. Thanks for asking me about this.Frank L Jr. Shelbyville, IN
It was a wonderful trip. Every thing went off without a hitch... Much thanks and appreciation to tour guide, Simeon, and a tip of the hat to bus driver, Gil. Simeon was knowledgeable, thorough, and mindful of all of our wants and needs. Very accommodating indeed!! Good accommodations, good food, good itinerary, good travel companions (that was good luck). It was all good...... We simply couldn't have ask for more. Keep up the good work.Laurie, St. Paul, CA