14 Day Dalmatian Isles, Croatia & Slovenia
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours, and gratuities for guides/tour managers. Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights New York-Dubrovnik, Venice-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Dubrovnik
- 1 night Korcula Island
- 2 nights Hvar
- 1 night Split
- 2 nights Opatija
- 2 nights Ljubljana
- 1 night Venice
- Italian city hotel taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 23 meals: 12 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 6 dinners (including a home hosted dinner and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Share a meal with a Dubrovnik family as guests in their home.
- Explore the magnificent Dalmatian Islands of Korcula and Hvar.
- Visit a family-owned tavern in Hvar and enjoy delicious local fare along with traditional music.
- Tour magnificent Plitvice Lakes National Park, a network of 16 terraced basins.
- Board an authentic pletna on Lake Bled, a unique rowing boat used for generations.
- Stop at the Sheppard Museum in Bohinj, where farm-fresh cheeses are ripe for your tasting.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This program is moderately active and over various surfaces. The pacing is moderate as numerous sites are included. Walking tours will cover uneven surfaces like cobbled streets and some slopes. The walking tour of Plitvice Lakes is approximately 3 hours and a moderately active pace.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
*Please note this a very active day with a walk down to the Plitvice Lakes. Walk around the lakes is moderate and good walking shoes are advisable.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This deluxe hotel is located a short walk from the famed walls of Dubrovnik.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located by the sea in the old heart of the town of Korcula.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located on the shore of the Adriatic Sea, just a 10-minute walk from the Old Town of Korcula.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located on Hvar’s marina, perched on the promenade and facing the old city center.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the waterfront promenade in the heart of medieval Riva.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located by Bacvice beach in the heart of Split.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located close to the city center and within walking distance of the famous seaside promenade Lungomare.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in Ljubljana's city center, near to the Old Town.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Drive towards the stunning Bay of Kotor, the longest and deepest fjord in southern Europe. On to the charming coastal town of Perast where a short boat ride takes us to the 15th century "Our Lady of the Rocks" Church perched on an islet in the bay. Time to admire the marble alter, fine paintings, silver plaques and panoramic views before driving to Kotor surrounded by old fortress walls, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Leisure time to walk the winding cobblestone lanes of the Old City before returning along the Dalmatian Coast to Dubrovnik.
Departs at 7:30 am. Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 7 hours.
|Day #4||01 Apr 2017 - 30 Nov 2017||$64.00|
Begin with an orientation tour of Pula, a strategic port since the times of the ancient Romans. Visit a Roman Amphitheater, the sixth largest of its kind to be preserved in the world today. Afterward, proceed to the beautiful resort town of Rovinj where you will enjoy free time exploring the old town and its narrow lanes before returning to Opatija.
Departs at 8:00 am. Pick-up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 8 hours.
|Day #10||01 Apr 2017 - 30 Nov 2017||$63.00|
All went very smoothly without any worries at all. The tour leader Sandra was outstanding, the group of 14 was really nice, the bus driver was very calm, capable and professional. All of the hotels and local tours were great too. This was our first Gate 1 tour and I would certainly recommend it and do another in the future.Linda L. NSW, Australia
We had a wonderful time and we love Gate 1. I chose this trip over other tour company trips and also over the other Gate 1 Croatia trips because it went to the islands of Hvar and Korcula. My sister and I fell in love with these islands and of the ferry rides between them, along with all of the places the tour had on its itinerary. We loved it so much that we are talking about doing this exact trip again. Hopefully Gate 1 will offer this same tour in the future. The most important thing we learned about Gate 1 was that your tour gave us time to explore the places we visited. With Globus and Insight these trips usually gave us one hour. This hour is supposed to be enough time for a guided tour, having something to eat, going to the bathroom, which usually involved a wait, browse alone in the city and go shopping along with a 20 minute walk back to the bus, which is absolutely ridiculous. The bottom line being you we're lucky to get to go to the bathroom in the time between the guided tour ending and heading back to the bus. It leaves you feeling that you have been cheated. This trip we came away with the feeling that we really did get to spend time and explore these towns on our own. Also, the tour director we had was incredible, and he really added to the enjoyment of the trip.Kerry C. Reno, NV
We arrived home Sunday morning and are still reminiscing about the Dalmatian Coast trip. Our Yuge was perfect, giving us history, keeping track of our safety, making everything easy and the area guides were great. I have already been looking at other Gate 1 trips for next year! We met very nice people from all over, both in our tour group and our country hosts. Thank you.Elaine W. Olympia, WA