13 Day Essence of Brazil
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Salvador de Bahia-Cuiaba, Cuiaba-Rio de Janeiro & Rio de Janeiro-Foz de Iguassu.
Passport information must be submitted to Gate 1 Travel at least 60 days prior to departure.
Triples will be accommodated in a Single + Twin Room at the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas.
Jun 5, Aug 7, Oct 9 & Dec 18 departures will be accommodated at the Pousada Rio Clara Lodge in Cuiaba.
Jul 3, Sep 4 & Nov 20 departures will be accommodated at the Araras Lodge in Cuiaba.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights Miami-Salvador, Iguassu Falls-Miami
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Salvador de Bahia-Cuiaba, Cuiaba-Rio de Janeiro & Rio de Janeiro-Foz de Iguassu
- 11 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Salvador de Bahia
- 3 nights Pantanal
- 3 nights Rio de Janeiro
- 2 nights Foz de Iguassu
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 23 meals: 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- Services of English-speaking tour manager
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Discovery of Salvador de Bahia begins in the heart of the city, celebrated for its rich African heritage
- Walking tour in historical Pelourinho with its gold drenched churches, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- At a Capoeira school attend a performance of this dynamic martial art developed over 500 years ago
- At the bustling market in Santo Amaro admire the abundance of fruits, vegetables and rare spices
- Travel to Cachoeira resplendent with colonial architecture aptly named the "National Monument City"
- Enjoy three days of activities in the Pantanal, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve
- At an eco-lodge, get acquainted with nature hikes, canoe trips, horseback riding and photo safaris
- In Rio, ride a cable car to the peak of Sugar Loaf Mountain - enjoy the breathtaking panorama
- Master the secrets of Brazilian cuisine with a professional chef at a fun-filled cooking lesson
- Ascend to the summit of Corcovado Hill to reach the statue of Christ the Redeemer embracing all of Rio
- Learn the pulsating Samba at a special class with experienced teachers and professional dancers
- Enjoy a scrumptious dinner with your fellow travelers at a typical Brazilian Churrascaria (steak house)
- View majestic and awe-inspiring Iguassu Falls, one of the world's greatest natural wonders
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located near the historic downtown and a number of plazas and beaches. It is in the path of the main Carnival festivities.Hotel Details
This tourist class lodge is located in the north Pantanal.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located nearby the Sararé River.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week