14 Day Majestic Balkans
Air & Land
Prices do not include optional tours, and gratuities for guides/tour managers. Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights New York-Bucharest, Tirana-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights First Class accommodations
- 3 nights Bucharest
- 2 nights Sofia
- 1 night Bansko
- 2 nights Skopje
- 2 nights Ohrid
- 2 nights Tirana
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 27 meals: 12 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 11 dinners (including Welcome & Farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all breakfasts & dinners
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- In Bucharest, visit the Arch of Triumph, commemorating Romania's independence
- Tour the unique open-air Village Museum, the first of its kind, nestled on Lake Herastrau
- Special dinner with a guest lecturer who enlightens you on Romania's turbulent history
- Private wine tasting and lavish dinner at the sumptuous Stirbey Palace
- Ascend to Sofia's Tsarevets Hill, the inescapable symbol of the city and former seat of the Tsar
- At a beautiful 17th century Bulgarian church, a magical performance by an esteemed local choir
- Enjoy a Bulgarian Folklore Show, coupled with a traditional dinner and a choice of wine
- At the splendid Bachkovo Monastery, a home-cooked lunch and warm hospitality
- Ascend to the 10th century Rila Monastery, proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the historic streets of Skopje’s Old Town, stopping at the House of Mother Teresa
- Wine tasting and vineyard tour in Stobi, a Macedonian city at the crossroads of civilization
- Discover lively Tirana, the beating heart of Albania, with its vibrant café culture and funky art
- Visit Kruje, where the hero Skanderbeg defended Albania from the Ottomans
Is This Trip Right for You?
This program is moderately active and over various surfaces. The pacing is moderate as numerous sites are included. Walking tours will cover uneven surfaces like cobbled streets and some slopes.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This deluxe hotel is located in the heart of the city close to the Romanian Athenaeum and former Royal Palace.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in midtown Sofia.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located right in the heart of Sofia, overlooking the City Garden.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located at the foot of the Pirin Mountain in Bansko.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in the town of Bansko.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located just minutes walk from the main city square.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the pine forest of St. Stefan settlement, not far from the center of Ohrid.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Tirana's prestigious Blloku area.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The trip was wonderful and 100% satisfied especially our tour manager Nicola. He is an excellent tour manager. I learned a lot of information and history on all the countries we visited.Honorio J. S Plainfield, NJ
Our trip to the Balkans was wonderful! Nikola was an amazing tour coordinator that helped make the trip a perfect one. Once more, amazing memories Gate 1 helped make!Lydia C. Dallas, TX