13 Day Zimbabwe, Botswana & South Africa Adventure
Air & Land
|Zimbabwe, Botswana & South Africa Adventure|
|Southern Sun O.R. Tambo International Airport Hotel||Johannesburg|
|A'Zambezi River Lodge||Victoria Falls|
|Victoria Falls Safari Club||Victoria Falls|
|Chobe Bush Lodge||Kasane|
|Chobe Safari Lodge||Kasane|
|Cresta Mowana Safari Resort & Spa||Kasane|
|Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town||Cape Town|
|The PortsWood||Cape Town|
|Southern Sun The Cullinan||Cape Town|
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
|Only 1 seat left!||$5149||$6299*|
|Only 1 seat left!||$5049||$6199*|
Land only price does not include the departure transfer in Cape Town but does include the arrival transfer in Johannesburg.
Due to limited space in safari vehicles, please pack your belongings in a soft-sided duffel bag. Traditional suitcases with rigid frames or hard plastic sides should not be used. Due to the use of light aircraft flights (4 or 5 seat small planes), there is a weight restriction for luggage of 44 pounds per person (including hand luggage).
Please note, all passport holders should have four or more entirely blank (unstamped) visa pages in their passport when traveling to South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Botswana. Effective June 1, 2015 children 17 & under will be required to present an unabridged full birth certificate. Extracts or copies are not acceptable. If both parents are not traveling with the child, additional documentation is required. Click here for more information.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights New York-Johannesburg, Cape Town-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Johannesburg-Victoria Falls, Kasane-Okavango Delta*, Okavango Delta-Maun* & Maun-Cape Town
- 11 nights First Class safari lodges and hotel accommodations
- 1 night Johannesburg
- 2 nights Victoria Falls
- 2 nights Chobe
- 2 nights Okavango Delta
- 4 nights Cape Town
- Hotel porterage
- All Transfers
- 24 meals: 11 buffet breakfasts, 6 lunches & 7 dinners (including 1 home hosted lunch, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- National Park Fees
*Light aircraft (4 or 5 seat planes) are used for flights to and from the Okavango Delta
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Experience the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls, one of the greatest natural wonders of the world with its astounding vistas.
- Walking safari through the exquisite rainforest at Victoria Falls, stopping to see the statue of David Livingstone, the missionary explorer who discovered the Falls.
- At Chobe National Park in Botswana, board a motorized boat for a magnificent sunset safari cruise.
- Watch the game up-close at the source of the Savute in Chobe with its plentiful wildlife and over 460 different species of birds.
- Travel to the lush, green Okavango Delta, the world’s largest inland delta with its huge concentration of animals and birds, designated a World Heritage Site.
- Twice-daily game activities in the untouched freshwater wetland of the Okavango Delta, at the heart of Botswana’s arid Kalahari desert.
- Ascend to the top of legendary Table Mountain to see the astonishing panoramic views of the city and beaches below.
- Enjoy a unique interaction and experience the cultural diversity of the Cape Malay community.
- Travel through the fertile valleys of South Africa's picturesque wine country, with its magnificent Cape Dutch architecture, stopping for tastings at major vineyards by Wine Tram.
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend most of our time driving over roads that are often rough and bumpy. Game drives will be performed in small safari vehicles or boats that cannot be air conditioned. Only "bush toilets" are available during game drives. Some of our tours require walking or stairs between huts or tents. Small boats, a mokoro canoe, and our safari vehicles require agility to embark and disembark. We have many early mornings. Visitors to Zimbabwe and Botswana are encouraged to consult their health care providers regarding malaria prophylaxis. We suggest you check with your health-care provider before signing up for this tour.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
*Table Mountain Aerial Cableway will be closed between Jul 24 - Aug 6, 2017.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is about a ten minute drive away from the city center of Kempton Park.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located on the banks of the mighty Zambezi river.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel offers uninterrupted views of the unspoilt bushveld and spectacular African sunsets.Hotel Details
This first class lodge is located nearby the Chobe River.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the Chobe River.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located on the banks of the ever-changing Chobe river.Hotel Details
This first class lodge is located on a palm fringed island surrounded by the Moremi's game-rich seasonal floodplains.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is centrally located in Cape Town.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Fantastic. I loved it. Thanks to all for making it perfect. We were lucky to have perfect weather as well. Special mention and thanks to Roger who was exemplary in looking after us. I'll be watching your messages for future trips.Jill S. NSW, Australia
Thanks, our trip was amazing - best of everything, Victoria Falls, Chobe, Okavango Delta then the Cape - all amazing as were the animals, lodgings, food and our tour manager, Laurence - one of the very best!Susan S. Clackamas, OR
Oh my gosh.....how much time do you have for me to tell you how wonderful it was. I wish I had done it 20 years ago when my limbs were stronger and my energy level higher. "I went to Africa" and I'll never be the same. I now know how it feels to be awed and have moments that take your breath away..... Many thanks for an experience of a lifetime...Gate 1 and Discovery Tours "rules"Nancy M. Jax Bch, FL
We had a fantastic trip to South Africa. For all of us it was a lifetime experience. Every stop, every meal and all the adventures will forever be a memory to tell all our friends and family. We saw every animal we had previously seen in zoos except for cats. They seemed to be hiding but we heard them roaring at night. Elephants, Hippos, Giraffes, Wart hogs Wildebeastes, crocodiles, Cape Buffalo, Zebras, Elands, Impalas, and many beautiful birds. All in large numbers. Everyone we encountered, treated us as if we were royalty, but particularly our guide for the whole trip Roger. He saw to our every need and by the end of the trip we felt like he was family our at the very least an old friend. For all of my family, thanks to Gate 1 for an amazing trip, and cannot wait to do another with you.William G. Gastonia, NC
The trip was absolutely perfect and an amazing experience. Our tour guide, Tesse, was extremely knowledgeable and just created an unforgettable trip for all. She has such a love for Africa and did a beautiful job of sharing this. The group meshed and we all want to do a Discovery tour to the Serengheti in a few years together. The accommodations and food were fantastic. We will highly recommend your tour to friends and acquaintances.Jean J. Tucson, AZ