15 Day Wonders of New Zealand
Air & Land
|15 Day Wonders of New Zealand|
|Heritage Auckland Hotel||Auckland|
|Sky City Hotel||Auckland|
|Chateau Tongariro||Mount Ruapehu|
|Skotel Alpine Resort||Mount Ruapehu|
|Millennium Hotel Rotorua||Rotorua|
|Hotel Novotel Rotorua Lakeside||Rotorua|
|Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel||Queenstown|
|Heartland Hotel Queenstown||Queenstown|
|Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier||Franz Josef|
|Te Waonui Forest Retreat||Franz Josef|
|Novotel Christchurch Cathedral Square||Christchurch|
|Rydges Latimer Hotel||Christchurch|
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours and gratuities for guides/tour managers. Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Dec 19 departure will be accommodated at Heartland Hotel Queenstown in Queenstown & Rydges Latimer Hotel in Christchurch.
Jan 16 departure will be accommodated at Heritage Auckland Hotel in Auckland, Millennium Hotel Rotorua in Rotorua, Heartland Hotel Queenstown in Queenstown, Te Waonui Forest Retreat in Franz Josef & Rydges Latimer Hotel in Christchurch.
Jan 23 departure will be accommodated at Heritage Auckland Hotel in Auckland, Millennium Hotel Rotorua in Rotorua, Heartland Hotel Queenstown in Queenstown & Rydges Latimer Hotel in Christchurch.
Apr 17 departure will be accommodated at Sky City Hotel in Auckland & Skotel Alpine Resort in Tongariro.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights Los Angeles-Auckland, Christchurch-Los Angeles
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-flight Rotorua-Christchurch
- 12 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Auckland
- 1 night Tongariro National Park
- 2 nights Rotorua
- 1 night Oamaru
- 3 nights Queenstown
- 2 nights Franz Josef
- 1 night Christchurch
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 24 meals: 12 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 8 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled Water during sightseeing excursions. Beer and wine included with welcome and farewell dinners
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit the fabulous Auckland Museum, guided by an expert natural historian
- Descend into the astonishing Ruakuri Caves with its swirling rivers, waterfalls and glow worms
- Stay overnight at the unique Chateau Tongariro renowned for its style and grandeur
- Visit Orakei Korako, one of New Zealand’s largest geyser fields
- Discover the lifestyle of the Maori at the living thermal village of Whakarewarewa
- Enjoy a traditionally prepared “Hangi” Dinner, cooked in the steaming ground
- Visit the Oamaru Blue Penguin colony, home to the world’s smallest penguins
- Explore the dazzling city of Queenstown, the country’s adventure capital
- Cruise on spectacular Milford Sound, surrounded by breathtaking scenery
- Experience the dynamic environment at the Franz Josef Glacier
- Enjoy delightful Christchurch, the “most-English” city in the country
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class historic landmark hotel is located in Auckland city center adjacent to Saint Patrick's Square.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is centrally located in Auckland.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is situated nearby the Sky Tower.Hotel Details
This first class hotel has spectacular mountain views.Hotel Details
This first class hotel has splendid views of Mt Ngauruhoe.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in the city of Rotorua, nearby the Polynesian Spa.Hotel Details
This first class hotel has magnificent views of Lake Rotorua.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is centrally located in the town of Oamaru.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located along Lake Wakatipu and is a 5 minute walk to Queenstown's town center.Hotel Details
The superior tourist class hotel is just a leisurely five minute stroll away from the town, with uninterrupted views overlooking the beautiful Lake Wakatipu.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated in Franz Josef Village.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in the town of Franz Josef.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Afternoon departure from the downtown Auckland Ferry Terminal on a pleasant cruise through the Hauraki Gulf to Waiheke Island, a haven of beautiful vineyards, olive groves and gorgeous beaches. Upon arrival at Matiatia, you’ll be greeted by your knowledgeable driver guide, who will lead you on a tour of the island. The first stop is the stunning Mudbrick vineyard where you will enjoy your first tasting experience while you marvel at the beautiful views of the gulf. The next vineyard, Ridgeview Estate is one of Waiheke's newest wineries. Here, beautiful vistas will take your breath away as your sight extends across to Auckland city and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula. Savor tastings of their wines accompanied by delicious snacks. The last stop on the tour is the exquisite Te Whau vineyard famous for its 5 star quality wines and acclaimed restaurant. Return back to Matiatia wharf.
*Children under 16 not permitted.*
Pickup details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 4.5 hours.
|Day #4||01 Jul 2016 - 30 Jun 2017||$92.00|
Board the TSS Earnslaw and enjoy a cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak Station. Onboard, the Captain provides an interesting commentary as you take in the spectacular views of Cecil and Walter Peaks and the western shores of Lake Wakatipu. Upon arrival at Walter Peak, you’ll be warmly welcomed and escorted through the beautiful gardens to the charming Colonel’s Homestead. Enjoy a Gourmet BBQ dinner prepared in front of you along with background piano music. The menu includes an expansive array of local produce, succulent meats cooked on the outdoor rotisserie or grill, delicious vegetables and salads, ending with irresistible desserts, cheeses and tea and coffee. Following dinner, attend an entertaining farm show or relax in the bar before returning to Queenstown.
Pick-up and drop off at hotel is not included. Details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 4 hours.
|Day #11||01 Jul 2016 - 30 Jun 2017||$90.00|
The trip was great. I am glad the earthquake in early Nov. did not affect the schedule nor itinerary. Our tour guide, Malcolm, was fantastic and he helped made the trip a success. We almost missed the penguins at Oamaru due to a flight delay. But he made last minute arrangements to overcome the problem. Great tour guide.Teresa C. Woodridge, IL
Our trip was excellent! Very pleased with the guide, hotels, food quality and the overall itinerary. Thanks very much to Gate 1 for another successful tour.Kent F. Mission Viejo, CA
It was great! New Zealand is a beautiful and fascinating place. Our guide Malcolm was very knowledgeable and interesting. Once again, Gate 1 provided us with a memorable experience. The hotels and dining venues were all good and the optional tours were exciting and all worthwhile. Gate 1 has really done it very well for us again and we intend to continue traveling with you!Craig S. Kailua, HI
Just wonderful thank you. Our tour guide, John, was fantastic. So were our drivers Greg on the north island and Stephen on the south island. The hotels were very comfortable. The food was so good that we all ate too much. The itinerary was just perfect. Varied. So pleased we booked this tour with you. This is our second tour with Gate 1. Both have exceeded expectations. It would be nice if you could pass on our praise for John, Greg and Stephen to the appropriate people. ThanksAnnette B. Lutz, FL
We had a wonderful, enjoyable trip! We would especially like to acknowledge and thank Malcolm for his tour guide comments and insight!Ronald F. Holt, MI
Thanks for asking. It was a fantastic trip. We enjoyed the pristine, picturesque, and the primitive history of New Zealand. The cuisine and optional trips were to our liking as well. We look forward to our next trip in November, with Gate 1 Travel/Discovery. Could you please send us the survey forms, so that we can get a rebate for the next to next booking ?Amitabh D. State College, PA