16 Day Spiritual Southern India
Air & Land
|Spiritual Southern India|
|Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park||Chennai|
|Ideal Beach Resort||Mahabalipuram|
|Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram||Mahabalipuram|
|The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai||Madurai|
|Holiday Inn Cochin||Kochi|
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include optional tours, India visa fees and gratuities for guides/tour managers. Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Feb 16 departure will be accommodated at Holiday Inn Cochin, Kochi.
Nov 24, Feb 13, Mar 6 and Mar 13 departures will be accommodated at Ideal Beach Resort, Mahabalipuram.
Jan 9, Feb 13 and Mar 6 departures will be accommodated at Heritage Madurai, Madurai
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- International flights New York-Chennai, Kochi-New York
Other departure cities available. Please click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 14 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Chennai
- 2 nights Mahabalipuram
- 1 night Pondicherry
- 2 nights Thanjavur
- 2 nights Madurai
- 2 nights Periyar National Park
- 3 nights Kochi
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 32 meals: 14 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 8 dinners with wine
- Bottled water provided during sightseeing excursions
- Services of English-speaking tour managers throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals
- Travel to the cross-cultural village of DakshinaChitra, an open-air museum and treasure chest of art
- Visit the UNESCO site of Mahabalipuram, an ancient archaeological wonder rising on a rocky outcrop
- In Kanchipuram, "City of a Thousand Temples," tour the Ekambareswarar and Kailasanathar Temples
- Exclusive visit to a traditional silk weaving factory - meet with artists and learn how to drape and wear a sari
- Journey to enchanting Pondicherry, a former French settlement that retains its carefree French atmosphere
- At serene Auroville, visit the Meditation Center inspired by the teachings of the Indian yogi Sri Aurobindo
- Witness pilgrims immersing themselves in a ritual bath at Amma Mandapam on the banks of the river
- Tour the spectacular Maratha Palace with its priceless collections of Chola bronzes and stone carvings
- View the impressive UNESCO-listed Lord Brahadeeswarar Temple, a magnificent architectural achievement
- In vibrant Madurai on the banks of the Vaigai River, view the 1000-year old Meenakshi Temple
- Visit the Gandhi Museum dedicated to this remarkable man lovingly called the "Father of the Nation"
- Join throngs of people at the spectacular candlelit Aarti Prayer Ceremony at the Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Enjoy two nights at Periyar National Park, the best-known sanctuary in South India, home to Bengal tigers
- Attend a colorful Kathakali Dance performance that combines storytelling with music and physical strength
- Visit the Paradesi Synagogue in Kochi the oldest existing Jewish synagogue in India
- Specially arranged cooking class in Kochi reveals some of the secrets of Indian cuisine
- In Alleppey, board a houseboat that cruises along the intricate network of canals, lakes, lagoons and rivers
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This superior first class hotel is located in the Alwarpet neighborhood of Chennai.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located between the Chunnambar River and the Bay of Bengal.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is situated in the city of Thanjavur.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the city of Madurai and the Kodai hills.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in the historical district within the Temple City.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located a short dive away from the Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Take an early morning walk through the narrow alleys of Madurai, the oldest city in South India, to get an up-close glimpse of everyday life. Discovering the morning rituals and daily activities in this ancient temple town is a fascinating and memorable experience. Witness people milking cows, cooking, and women cleaning and decorating their doorsteps with beautifully detailed Kolams (drawings) to welcome guests. Visit the local markets as they open, drink your morning tea in the twenty-four hour tea shop and enjoy sampling local snacks, including a Vada (savory doughnut). For a unique perspective into the local economy, interact with street vendors, visit the fruit and flower markets, and see a roadside hair salon.
Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
|Day #10||01 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017||$24.00|
|01 Apr 2017 - 30 Apr 2018||$24.00|
Tonight, treat yourself to a Kalaripayattu martial art show. The martial art form of Kerala, dating back to almost 2000 years, is regarded as the oldest of its kind in the world. It derives its name from two words, 'kalari' which means combat arena and 'payattu' which means practice. Following preparation with an oil massage, the performers will execute the art, using weapons such as bow and arrow, swords, spears, and maces. Afterwards for dinner, travel to Spice Village, set in 15 acres of spice gardens and resembling a traditional tribal community. At the restaurant, enjoy the timelessness of the place with its antique rosewood furniture and old-world atmosphere. Savor delicious South Indian cuisine flavored by local spices, prepared with fresh ingredients from the organic farm on site.
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #12||01 Sep 2016 - 30 Apr 2017||$34.00|
Our trip was fantastic. Our fellow travelers made it extra special. This is my 2nd trip with Gate 1 and I'm pleased with the level of service . Our tour guide, Sushila, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the history of all the sites we visited we visited. We will definitely travel with Gate 1 again.Lallbachan S. Ocoee, FL
Back home after an amazing trip to South India. Hotels, meals, entertainment and our tour manager were excellent. I am looking forward to my next trip in January to Myanmar. I am a very satisfied customer, congrats to Gate 1 for providing excellence.Ana H. Coral Gables, FL