9 Day Cuba, Face to Face
Air & Land
People to People Package Includes
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Miami, Miami-New York
- Flights Miami-Cienfuegos & Havana-Miami (included in land only pricing)
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 8 nights accommodations
- 1 night Miami
- 3 nights Cienfuegos
- 4 nights Havana
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and people to people activities per itinerary in air-conditioned vehicles
- 19 meals: 8 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 5 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during educational excursions
- Services of a Cuban English-speaking Guide and a USA tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided activities & cultural exchanges including entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Health insurance in Cuba (mandatory)
- Visa to Cuba (for US Citizens) and Cuban departure tax
- A full-time schedule of daily people-to-people activities and cultural exchanges, including discussions with locals, visits with artists, musical performances, and more
- Explore Trinidad, one of the best preserved cities in the Caribbean, with a local historian
- Hear traditional Cuban music at the Museo de Artes Decorativos, and meet the amazing musicians
- Learn about Old Havana’s restoration projects firsthand from local city planners and architects
- Witness Havana’s urban garden farming movement
- Gain insight into US-Cuba relations during a frank policy talk with an expert
- Interact with jazz musicians
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2016 Dates & Prices||2016 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Prices do not include gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Land only price does include flights Miami-Cienfuegos & Havana-Miami, as well as the arrival transfer.
It is recommended that passengers select flights that arrive in Miami no later than 5 pm on Day 1.
It is recommended that passengers select flights that depart Miami no earlier than 4 pm on Day 9.
Triple rooms are not available for this package.
The Ultimate Learning Tour: Consistent with the requirements of the OFAC People-to-People license, this program features a full-time schedule of cultural exchange between Discovery Tours participants and your Cuban hosts. There will be little or no free time on most days, except perhaps during a free evening when you're welcome to seek a local restaurant for dinner.
Zika Virus - Passengers are recommended to visit www.cdc.gov/zika/ for current information. CDC advises pregnant women to avoid travel to the countries visited in this itinerary.
Any passengers born in Cuba, regardless of current citizenship, must notify Discovery Tours by Gate 1 at the time of booking as additional entry restrictions or fees may apply.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
*Please note the visit Bay of Pigs Museum in Playa Giron may have unexpected closures for renovations and routine maintenance. Alternative sightseeing will be advised locally.
A significant portion of your in-country programming is customized for each group to maximize your cultural experience. Many of the places we visit are not tourist destinations and are thus not always available. Therefore, this program should be considered as a sample only – please keep in mind that your particular tour may vary.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This tourist class hotel is about a 15 minute drive away from downtown Miami.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is situated nearby Cienfuegos Bay.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Our trip to Cuba was AWESOME..wonderful group, wonderful guides and an incredible itinerary ..it was total immersion . We learned so much, had a lot of laughs and will definitely have very fond memories of the trip. Loved the Mojitos , rice and beans and lobster!! Thanks for all the help getting us registered..my husband Tom and I look forward to our next Gate 1 trip, where ever that might be.Gail W. Andover, MA
Our trip was wonderful. Monica is so knowledgeable and made the whole trip. She tended to all our needs and made sure we saw everything. Monica is a real asset to your company. Marcela our Cuban guide was very good and helpful. Hotels were good and I loved the Hotel National because of all it’s history going back to the mob/stars. Loved visiting schools, boy’s and girls club and elderly senior home along with Bay Pigs. I will continue to recommend Gate 1 Travel for all travel and the People to People trip to Cuba.Joan G. Riverside, CA
The trip was excellent in every way. Heidi is a terrific guide - knowledgable, attentive to every detail, most helpful, upbeat and resourceful. Additionally, Heidi's love for Cuba and its people, and their love for her added a special personal dimension to the whole experience, as there was a sense of familiarity with the people we met and a sense of closeness to them. Our Cuban guide and the driver were very good as well. The Cuban guide was very knowledgable. The program was varied and interesting, and the people we met will forever remain with us as will our enriching and thought provoking experience in Cuba. Luckily, our group numbered only fourteen, and the dynamics among the group members were the best we ever experienced. A great group with whom we would be happy to travel again.Alvin, Irvine, CA
I wanted to let you know just how great Heidi is as a tour orchestrator and a person. She made all of us comfortable immediately and we all just had a super time for the entire 8 days in Cuba. We also very much liked our Cuban guide Ariadna and our bus driver Luis was the best! We are so happy we went on this trip. Can't wait to go on another.Leslye, Inverness, FL
Our trip to Cuba was fantastic. We had an amazing experience - eye-opening! I can't say enough about what we learned and how terrific our two guides were, the Gate 1 coordinator and the local guide.Janet, Concord, MA
It was a good trip overall - the country was beautiful! The guides were great - they really tried their best to make this a great experience and we saw a lot. Thanks for the experience!Cheryl, Lincoln, NE
Our Cuba Adventure was a stunning success. It was truly the trip of a lifetime for me - absolutely unforgettable! Thank you, Discovery Tours!Alice, Charlotte, NC
My trip was excellent. Gate 1 did a fantastic job in arranging this trip!Patricia, Woodland, CA