14 Day Scandinavia, Naturally Charming
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Departure transfer is only included with departure from Gardermoen Airport (OSL).
May 25 departure will be accommodated at the Thon Hotel Opera in Oslo.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Stockholm, Oslo-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Stockholm
- 1 night Falun
- 2 nights Lillehammer
- 2 nights Geiranger
- 1 night Sogndal
- 2 nights Bergen
- 2 nights Oslo
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 20 meals: 12 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners with wine or beer (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Unique cultural experiences enhance the Discovery Tours experience
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- At Stockholm's City Hall, visit the Blue & Gold Halls where the Nobel Banquet is held
- Visit the unique Vasa Museum to view the Vasa warship, the only preserved 17th-century in the world
- Visit a Dala Horse workshop - meet the craftspeople and watch as this folk symbol is carved and hand-painted
- Explore the fascinating Maihaugen Open Air Museum, a living museum featuring over 200 buildings from different eras of Norwegian history
- Ascend by chair lift to the Lillehammer Ski Jump Tower dating back to the 1994 Winter Olympics
- Enjoy a fun-filled beer tasting and dinner at the Lillehammer Brewery's beer cellar that dates back to 1855
- Travel on the thrilling Trollstigen Mountain Road - a day of dramatic and astonishing beauty!
- Cruise the UNESCO-protected Geirangerfjord where mountainside farms and waterfalls dot the near-vertical cliffs along this S-shaped fjord of unparalleled beauty
- Visit the Norwegian Glacier Museum with its fascinating exhibits and informative audio-visual presentation
- Travel into the high glacial region on the famous Flam Mountain Railway, a masterpiece of Norwegian engineering
- Visit Troldhaugen, home of beloved Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg, which served as inspiration for his music
- In Bergen’s lively Fish Market, stop for a tasting of the freshest and most delicious smoked salmon
- In the tiny village of Torpo view the wooden Stave Church, built during the Middle Ages
- Tour unique Vigeland Sculpture Park with its astonishing life-size granite and bronze sculptures by Gustav Vigeland
- In Oslo, visit the Viking Ship Museum to view three 1,200-year-old preserved Viking ships
- Enjoy a private visit to the Nobel Peace Center in Oslo, which celebrates the lives and achievements of Nobel Prize winners
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active trip covers a good amount of ground each day. We can spend 2-3 hours on our feet during tours where you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
DAY 1, Thursday - Depart for Sweden
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Stockholm, offering fantastic views across the waters of Riddarfjärden to Stockholm City Hall and the Old Town.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located in the city of Falun.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located in the town of Lillehammer.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks the Geirangerfjord.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located in the heart of Sogndal, only minutes from Sogneford, the world's largest fjord with magnificent natural beauty.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel overlooks Vagen bay and Bryggen.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Fantastic! Both countries were beautiful, Norway is spectacular. Great traveling companions. Food was delicious. Many fun extras on this trip. Thanks for a great time.Mary D. Gilbert, AZ