12 Day Iceland, Natural Force & Beauty
Air & Land
|Iceland, Natural Force & Beauty|
|Radisson Blu Saga||Reykjavik|
|Icelandair Hotel Akureyri||Akureyri|
|Stracta Hotel Hella||Hella|
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2017 Dates & Prices||2017 Dates & Prices|
|Dates||Land Only||Air & Land|
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flight Akureyri-Reykjavik.
Passengers should select flights that arrive no later than 8 am on Day 2.
Triple rooms are not available for this package.
May 28 departure will be accommodated at the Hotel Laxa in the Lake Myvatn area on Day 6, and at the Hotel Kea in Akureyri on Day 7.
Jun 4 departure will be accommodated at the Hotel Hamar in Borgarfjordur & the Hotel Kjarnalundur in Akureyri instead of Husavik.
Jun 25 departure will be accommodated at the Icelandair Hotel Akureyri in Akureyri.
Jul 9 departure will be accommodated at the Hotel Selfoss in Selfoss.
Jul 9 & Sep 10 departure will be accommodated at the Radisson Blu Saga Hotel in Reykjavik.
Sep 10 departure the two-night stay in the Borgarfjordur region will be split between the Hotel Husafell on Day 3 and the Hotel Hamar on Day 4.
Sep 15 departure will be accommodated at the Hotel Kjarnalundur in Akureyri instead of Siglufjordur.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Reykjavik, Reykjavik-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Intra-flight: Akureyri-Reykjavik
- 10 nights accommodations
- 3 nights Reykjavík
- 2 nights Borgarfjordur
- 1 night Siglufjörður
- 2 nights Husavik or Akureyri
- 2 nights Hella or Selfoss
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 23 meals: 11 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners with wine
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Tour Reykjavík, a buzzing city combining cosmopolitan and traditional trends
- Travel to the picturesque Borgarfjordur region, well-known for its astonishing natural beauty and historical heritage
- Explore an Ice Cave inside Langjökull Glacier, a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Enjoy a unique perspective during a nature and birdwatching tour as you sail to the jagged and rocky islands of Breidafjordur Bay
- Taste “hakarl,” Icelandic fermented shark, at the Bjarnarhöfn Shark Farm
- Visit Snæfellsjökull National Park, dramatic setting for Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Visit the award-winning Herring Era Museum in Siglufjörður, the nearest town to the Arctic Circle
- View Godafoss, the “waterfall of the gods,” one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Iceland
- Pamper yourself with a soak in the warm geothermal Myvatn Nature Baths, with beautiful views over the Lake Myvatn area
- Enjoy a whale watching expedition from Húsavík harbor, considered the Whale Capital of Iceland
- Visit the remarkable geological and historical site of Þingvellir National Park, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tour Iceland’s most famous natural wonders in the Golden Circle, including Gullfoss Waterfall and the famous Strokkur Geysir
- At Friðheimar Greenhouse, learn how pesticide-free tomatoes are grown with geothermal heat
- Travel along the wondrous southern coast, with its stark black sand beaches and waterfalls, and stunning views of Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull volcanoes
- Attend a unique performance of the famed Icelandic horses
- Visit the Hellisheidavirkjun Geothermal Power Plant and learn about geothermal power production in Iceland
- Enjoy a soothing experience in the warm and mineral-rich geothermal waters at the Blue Lagoon
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is a moderately active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend 2-3 hours on our feet during tours. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces. Some light hiking is required to access some sites. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This tourist class hotel is located a short walk away from Laugavegur Street.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is perfectly located in a quiet neighborhood with a scenic view and just a few minutes walk from the picturesque Reykjavik pond.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is built on an 18 hole golf course, close to many of western Iceland's most popular tourist attractions.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is situated a short drive away from the Hraunfossar waterfalls.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located on the edge of Kjarnaskógur, which is one of the most popular outdoor areas in Akureyri.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located amongst the peaceful environment of Siglufjord.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is situated in the town of Akureyri.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is situated in the heart of Husavik town center.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is set in a prime location by Lake Mývatn.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the town of Akureyri nearby the Akureyri Art Museum.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel has splendid views of Mt Hekla.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel overlooks the Olfusa River.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week