Discovery Tours by Gate 1 - Small Groups for Less!
Active Itineraries, Groups of 10-18, Unique Activities
14 Day Myanmar, Natural & Spiritual Beauty of Burma
Yangon, Inle Lake, Mandalay & Bagan. Active itinerary w/ unique accommodations
"This is Burma, and it is unlike any land you know about." So wrote Rudyard Kipling, and you're sure to agree. What we do know about today's Myanmar certainly makes it special. Colossal golden stupas glitter. Slow-paced villages cling to tradition. A uniquely fascinating culture thrives on Inle Lake. And 2,200 temple spires point to the heavens from a vast Irrawaddy plain. This is the Southeast Asia of old - lush, tranquil, and gentle. And we want to help you unravel its mysteries in the best possible fashion - with small-group ease and few crowds - before everyone knows about this remarkable destination.
- Small groups of 10-18 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip international flights LAX-Yangon
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 4 Intra-flights
- 12 nights in First Class accommodations that evoke the local character
- 3 nights Yangon
- 3 nights Inle Lake
- 3 nights Mandalay
- 3 nights Bagan
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
27 meals: 12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners (including a home-hosted dinner with a Bagan family, and welcome & farewell dinners)
- Bottled water during sightseeing excursions. Bottled water, coffee, and tea with all meals
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Luggage handling for one bag per person
How to Book
Book by May 8, 2013 and save $430 per person off our regular price. Lowest price reflects the $430 promotional savings. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations. To redeem the discounted savings, use promotional code TZDTM430 at the time of booking. Click here to book or call 877-900-9777 to speak with one of our reservation specialists.
- Thanks to our small group size of 10-18 travelers, we can get ot the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Observe the intricate process of ikat, turning lotus stems into thread and weaving lotus thread into fabric.
- See firsthand how traditional Inle Lake boats are made.
- Try your hand at rolling a typical cheroot, or Burmese cigar.
- Learn how to prepare local chicken curry and sweet cakes during a cooking class with an Intha local.
- Start your day with some quiet meditation led by a Buddhist monk.
- Browse the colorful and bustling markets of Inle Lake, Bagan, and Yangon.
- Meet some women from the Padaung tribe, known for the brass-ring necklaces that seem to stretch their necks.
- Meet the young student monks at Mahagandayon monastery.
- Explore some of Bagan's 2,200 temples - spread over a vast Irrawaddy plain - by horse-drawn cart.
- Relax during a soothing sunset cruise on the fabled Irrawaddy River.