Nepal inspires and discovering this soulful Himalayan country in a Discovery Tours small group is sure to make your spirit soar! With so few of us, we can take the time to meet the welcoming Nepalese and immerse ourselves in their daily lives during school visits, home-cooked meals, lectures, and more.
We begin this escorted tour in Kathmandu where our first visit is to magical Durbar Square, a dizzying assembly of more than a dozen historic buildings, including the sprawling Hanuman Dhoka Palace, the ancient home of Nepalese royalty, and Kasthamandap, made from the timber of a single tree. We also stop at the Temple of the Living Goddess, a local market, and the hilltop Swayambhunath, said to be 2,000 years old and one of Nepal's most sacred Buddhist stupas.
The next couple of days are spent exploring the towns of Nagarkot and Bhaktapur, visiting temples and stupas along the way. Next, we fly to Chitwan National Park, home to the elusive Bengal tiger. While in Chitwan, we will take an elephant safari and canoe along the Rapti river. Our next stops include Bandipur, full of Newari architecture and views of the Himalayas, and Pokhara, home to the cascading Devil's Falls. While in Pokhara, we will be the guests of a local family for dinner.
Join us for a truly inspirational tour!
- Round trip international flights NYC-New Delhi
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 11 nights First Class accommodation
- All transfers
- 29 meals: 11 buffet breakfasts, 9 lunches & 9 dinners (including a home hosted dinner)
- Bottled water, coffee, and tea with all meals. Beer and wine included with dinner
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Luggage handling for one bag per person
- Clatter along the streets of Kathmandu on a rickshaw
- Meet the children of Kathmandu when we visit a local school
- Chat with a hardy Nepalese woman who has conquered Mt. Everest - twice
- Visit a school for lamas and chat with monks at Boudhanath Stupa
- Learn to make momo - delicate dumplings - during a private cooking class
- Visit the elephant stables of Chitwan to learn how the animals benefit local culture
- Strike a pose during a morning yoga class in Kathmandu
- Join a Pokhara family for dinner in their home
|2013 Dates & Prices||LivingSocial Price||Regular Price|
|April 8, 25||$3499*||$3669*|
Prices do not include optional tours, India visa fees, Nepal visa fees and gratuities for guides/tour managers.
Package is based on blocked Air India flights, which include New Delhi to Kathmandu and Kathmandu to New Delhi. This package may only be purchased with the block airfare.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Visas are required for India and Nepal.